Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Tweak'd TSV - Anyone get theirs home yet?

I bought the Yogi- Berry and used it yesterday morning and I am in love. I am a long Wen user, ( for about 15 year's) and did not think my hair could get better, but my hair after using TBN is so soft, full, managable and NO dry end's. I will use this once a week and Wen the other day's.  As for the body cream, it is very nice and moisturizing, but I am not sure I can use it because of the scent. I don't like amber and I find it too strong. I am hoping my sister might like it, if not I am going to have too much cream because I am on A-D. The first shipment I got had leaked out of one of the tub's so CS said keep it and they sent me another one. Love the product, the container's not so much.

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Lattelvr wrote:

I got mine today and only opened the tubs to smell them.  Will probably try out the hair product over the weekend but the berry smell is very fruity and I like it.  Now the vanilla body cream I'm a liittle on the fence about the scent.  I can really pick up a strong amber scent and not as much vanilla.  A little on an incense like type smell.  I'll have to try it out on the skin to see the overall smell.  But to be honest, I was really hoping for more of a vanilla fragrance so we'll see. 

@Lattelvr  I got the Yogi too, so the hair comes in yogi and the cream comes in the amber vanilla? Oh geez, I thought they were both Yogi, I got headaches from the old Ojon smell, no way could have that on my face or body all day! ugh  Great, I guess I should have read it closer.

Okay, so I put the body cream on and it's a definite NO for me. Smiley Sad The scent is too strong and actually overwhelming.  Although it is very emollient and my skin feels so soft, the scent reminds me of an incense stick.  I'll see if my sister can handle this scent although we have similiar taste in fragrance.  I'll stick with my Beekman Boys non-scented body cream.  I really bought this set for the hair care so I'll try that out this weekend.  I too would have preferred both tubs in the Berry.  

Respected Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@Lattelvr wrote:

I got mine today and only opened the tubs to smell them.  Will probably try out the hair product over the weekend but the berry smell is very fruity and I like it.  Now the vanilla body cream I'm a liittle on the fence about the scent.  I can really pick up a strong amber scent and not as much vanilla.  A little on an incense like type smell.  I'll have to try it out on the skin to see the overall smell.  But to be honest, I was really hoping for more of a vanilla fragrance so we'll see. 

@Lattelvr  I got the Yogi too, so the hair comes in yogi and the cream comes in the amber vanilla? Oh geez, I thought they were both Yogi, I got headaches from the old Ojon smell, no way could have that on my face or body all day! ugh  Great, I guess I should have read it closer.

Okay, so I put the body cream on and it's a definite NO for me. Smiley Sad The scent is too strong and actually overwhelming.  Although it is very emollient and my skin feels so soft, the scent reminds me of an incense stick.  I'll see if my sister can handle this scent although we have similiar taste in fragrance.  I'll stick with my Beekman Boys non-scented body cream.  I really bought this set for the hair care so I'll try that out this weekend.  I too would have preferred both tubs in the Berry.  

@Lattelvr  Okay, let me know how the hair products turns out, mine shows tomorrow however I have a feeling that is when UPS delivers to the Post Office and then the post office delivers to me the following day so maybe I'll use it over the weekend as well.

Respected Contributor

Yes just got mine today.I tried the body cream but sadly the scent is too overpowering for me.  I am sensitive to scents and something in this gives me a headache,  Had the same problem with a Beekman hand lotion (Fig).  Not sure what is in them that bother me. No problems with Josie Maran scents or FIrst Aid Beauty. The cream feels wonderful and I am bummed but I will need to return.  Got the Amber hair cleansing cream and that is also very strong for me.  I have no problem with the chocolate and the rest of that assorted set.  Maybe its the amber??

PLEASE MAKE THESE UNSCENTED!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Mine was delivered today!!

So the tubs, I had no issues, I have rec'd items with similar top and all I do is turn it upside down on the counter, wedge a butter knife under that perfed area that needs to stap off and it comes right off, no issues opening.

The Yoki smells AMAZING, hoping to use it over the weekend, wisht the cream was in Yoki scent.

The cream I just put on the back of my hands, I for sure would not go out of my way to buy this scent but I'll see how I can handle it for a while today.

Just got them so no reports on performance yet  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay so I have finally got to try mine, first off the lotion does smell but for me it dies down in about an hour and then I am fine with it, I am loving how this soaks right in and I'm even using a little on my face, it seems to sooth it and calm any redness, I really did NOT expect to like this lotion but I think it may become my go to, if they come out with it in the Yogi scent I would switch scents though.

My hair is long, to bra line (a litte past) Fine hair but not super thin.  I used it just how instructed and the good news is, I thought I would have to use my conditioner or Wen and I did not need to, I was able to comb through with ease, it did smell nice too.

Now, the not so great news, blow dryng my hair the shine just wasn't there, almost looked dull looking and I felt like I had a coating over it (YES I RINSED THE HECK out of it, I use Wen on/off so I am used to rinsing a ton) yes it did feel thicker like as I blew it dry but it was also a little fuzzy which my hair does not get fuzzy and once I curled and tried to style any very light tease would cause frizz and even after styling my hair it feels weighted down so I am not sure I'm going to like this product, I will still keep the TSV because I do like the cream and I'll give the Yogi another try but maybe over a weekend, not having a good hair day today....

I wonder how their shampoo/ conditioners perform, maybe something like that would be better and wouldn't cause a light film feeling.

Hope this helps others, please let me know how you are liking yours.

Edit - As the day has gone by, my curls did stay in and I love the fruity smell of my hair during the day!