Honored Contributor

Re: Tweak’d TSV 2 16oz mists for 5/9/2021

I’m a fan of the Tweak’d Revitalizing Mist. I still have a few in my closet but I still ordered the frangipani AD because it sounds like it would smell terrific.  I spritz my hair with it before blow drying and on non-cleansing mornings to fix bed head.  It also feels good as a face and/or body mist when Ifeel a little dry or especially warm.  Spritz your pillow at bedtime too.👍

Honored Contributor

I ordered the Amber Vanilla revitalizing mist on AD and then the scrub in Above The Clouds.  I had a hard time deciding because I want help with breakage as well as volume.  Decided to use the Amber Vanilla in the mist and then use the Above the Clouds as a once a week treatment.  Wasn't sure about putting AHAs on my fine hair every day and then also having it in the scrub too.  Seemed like it may be a bit too much. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Sadly, the first ingredient following water is cyclopentasiloxane, so it's a no for me.  I so wish he would stop doing that.

Please explain why this makes it no for you, @Icegoddess .  Do you have an allergy to it or is it carcinogenic?  YIKES!

@tends2dogs, it's not a health issue for me, it is health of hair issue.  Silicones tend to coat the hair, not allowing moisture to get into the hair.  Many of them, and this is one of them, require a sulfate shampoo to remove.  I do clarify once a month before I color, but besides that, I avoid sulfates.  Therefore, if I used this product, it would not allow any moisture to get into my hair except for once a month which is unacceptable to me. 

Silicones also add shine and frizz control which is why it is included in lots of styling products.  It is also an extremely good heat protectant, so if you use a hot iron on your hair, I would recommend a product that had a silicine in it, but I would also recommend that you shampoo with a shampoo that had sulfates.

The mist product already has Broccoli Seed Oil in it which provides many of the benefits of a silicone without coating the hair.  

Respected Contributor

Not sure who did Shawn's hair last night but it looked the best ever!  She has great hair.

Honored Contributor

I do not see this special on the HSN site anymore... is it over?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden  It’s on QVC, today’s special value.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  Opps!  Thanks LOL!   I am unclear what the different blends do ...Like what is the  Wild Frangipani  scent suppose to do over any of the other blends.. they are so unclear about this. Do they all do the same thing just smell different?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know which one of these sprays will give body? Also, which one is for breakage control? ...and detangling?  TIA

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Does anyone know which one of these sprays will give body? Also, which one is for breakage control? ...and detangling?  TIA

@SilleeMee  I have the CocoNutty - I love the scent and I am almost out, I wish this option was avail. as TSV, non of the other scents sound good to me and I do not care for the Amber Vanilla, I don't like the old Ojon Scent, that is why I was glad to see yogi berry and coconutty and I do enjoy both of these, still trying to decide if I will get the TSV in a scent I haven't tried yet.  I think they all work the same, I would not say its volumizing though, I have fine hair and only use a bit before blow drying from mid-ends to help with heat styling and breakage. I would just pick the scent that sounds best to you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  Opps!  Thanks LOL!   I am unclear what the different blends do ...Like what is the  Wild Frangipani  scent suppose to do over any of the other blends.. they are so unclear about this. Do they all do the same thing just smell different?

@SeaMaiden Generally speaking, I believe they are used the same way but have different scents and maybe one feature attributable to a specific scent, but it’s confusing.  The description text isn’t real clear on that except for the original Amber Vanilla being best for dry or damaged hair.  Last night I heard the first presentation and in one breath it sounded like the Frangipani was good for preventing breakage but in the next breath it sounded like they were all good for that. Difficult to make sense of it when they interrupt each other or the host tries to embellish and uses too many words. Lol