Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tweak’d TSV 2 16oz mists for 5/9/2021

@Icegoddess wrote:

Sadly, the first ingredient following water is cyclopentasiloxane, so it's a no for me.  I so wish he would stop doing that.

Please explain why this makes it no for you, @Icegoddess .  Do you have an allergy to it or is it carcinogenic?  YIKES!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess   I just Googled it and it says it is thought to be a hormone disrupter.  I don't see where putting it on your hair, not scalp would cause a problem.  Am I not getting it?  I have Hashimotos and wouldn't want to disrupt the balance I have going on right now.

TIA

@SilleeMee   What are your thoughts on this?

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Icegoddess   I just Googled it and it says it is thought to be a hormone disrupter.  I don't see where putting it on your hair, not scalp would cause a problem.  Am I not getting it?  I have Hashimotos and wouldn't want to disrupt the balance I have going on right now.

TIA

@tends2dogs 

Cyclopentasiloxane is a type of silicone. It's used in all kinds stuff for hair and skin. I don't have a problem with it but some say it can build up on hair if you layer on hair products containing silicones. I don't do that so it's not a concern for me. I ordered the Frangipani TSV on Auto!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee Have you used it before?  I am leaning toward the amber one.  I think I would like to give this a try.

Is your RA still sitting in New York?  I have to put my order in and get in line for the big wait.    

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I caught the tail end of last night's presentation.  Did I hear right that each choice offers a different benefit?    Also, I don't want anything that may discolor white hair.  

Can anyone weigh in on what the differences are?  I like the original Ojon fragrance and would lean toward that instead of a floral. 

TIA

@tends2dogs   That's why I've stayed with that vanilla scent. I know it's almost clear and doesn't discolor my silver hair. I was thinking colors may change with some floral scents.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Sadly, the first ingredient following water is cyclopentasiloxane, so it's a no for me.  I so wish he would stop doing that.

Please explain why this makes it no for you, @Icegoddess .  Do you have an allergy to it or is it carcinogenic?  YIKES!

@tends2dogs @Icegoddess   Usually with these products water is the first ingredient, so not sure how much of that is in there. There are many products I love that may have one "iffy" ingredient. If were 50 with 30 more yrs. to go, I might be concerned. At my age, I'd rather have nice next day curls. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee Have you used it before?  I am leaning toward the amber one.  I think I would like to give this a try.

Is your RA still sitting in New York?  I have to put my order in and get in line for the big wait.    

@tends2dogs 

No, I have not ever used Tweak'd mist. this will be my very first order. I'm replacing my Carol's Daughter Anti-Breakage Spray which costs about $30 for 5 ounces! Yeah. I love that but not that price.

My RA should be out for delivery tomorrow, it says. happy dance - Copy.gif

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

TIA

@tends2dogs 

Cyclopentasiloxane is a type of silicone. It's used in all kinds stuff for hair and skin. I don't have a problem with it but some say it can build up on hair if you layer on hair products containing silicones. I don't do that so it's not a concern for me. I ordered the Frangipani TSV on Auto!

@SilleeMee   Silicones can be an issue if you're following the Curly Girl Method (I only partially follow it). Washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo once or twice a month is a good idea anyway if you use hairspray, a lot of styling products, etc. It gives your hair a fresh start for deep conditioning (that's what I do the night I use a clarifying shampoo) and hair seems to respond better after all the build up is removed.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus I love these mists!! I also love the scalp scrub, but not the new iterations. I prefer the older iterations like bamboo, amber vanilla and yogi berry. The newer scrubs (pure & peaches n cream) don’t foam up for me, so I’m passing on the new scrubs like above the clouds and frangipani. I use the scrubs daily and ALWAYS in the shower on really wet hair. My hair is longer and stronger than it’s ever been. ❤️
Respected Contributor

I am tempted to try this product. I tried two Tweaked products in the past. I liked both products, but they took the color out of my hair. If you have colored treated hair and have used this product can you speak to this concern?