Trusted Contributor

Re: Tweak'd Product Discontinued - Disappointed!

Funny, I was just coming here to post the same gripe!!  My favorite Murad product, a mattifier, has changed...now it has a higher spf and the reviews are terrible...why can’t they leave products alone...so annoying...now I’m forced to find the old version on eBay...🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

@Suzeecat 

Sometimes I have not been able to find a comparable product either.

One example is the original Zia Papaya Enzyme Mask. It was the texture of freshly mashed papaya, and had a relatively short shelf life. I was heartbroken when it was reformulated.  It was the same product in name only. I have never found another papaya mask to equal it.

Another product I loved was an Avon Vitamin C product in a brown corrugated bottle. It was a liquid that gave me such a natural glow. Of course they discontinued it. I do not buy anything from Avon to this day.

These examples were early on, when I first got serious about skincare. Now that I know how beauty companies operate, I just roll with it.  However, I do find it strange that beauty companies seem to discontinue their most popular products. Hmmm...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Suzeecat

I totally feel your pain!  My favorite Laura Gellar foundation just got swiped from the earth and I only have one left.  Every day I dip my brush into it I think to myself, it's almost over and what am I going to do when it really is!!!!  I'm certain I'll never find a perfect substitute for it.  Also my favorite lip gloss recently got cancelled but at least I was able to buy a whole bunch on eBay.  Not so for the foundation.

OMG @Grouchomarx  your post! I felt this one!

I use Laura Geller's Honey Apricot blush as it's the absolute perfect shade for me -- I cannot do pinks or plum shades at all.  It went into the discontinued pile last year and I am still upset about it.  Since her blush is a swirl of colors, finding a substitute is easier said than done.  Also, her Italian baked marble lipstick in Strawberry Toffee is also discontinued. I'm trying other shades, but nothing comes close; again it's a swirl of colors. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@@Suzeecat wrote:

I HATE when this happens - I find something I love and get used to using it all the time then BAM, it disappears!  I have been using Tweak'd The Stylist Limitless Styling Creme for a few years now and it's no longer listed on the website.  It had mixed reviews, but most of the bad ones were because the pump did not work, not because it was a bad product.  It doesn't come up in a search, but when I find it through my Order Status, it says "Sold Out".  I'm hoping it's going to come back with improved packaging but until then, they are not offering a suitable substitute.  I have one bottle left, I will make it last as long as possible. 

@Suzeecat  .... maybe it is just SOLD OUT & will be back ... it doesn’t say discontinued so, keep your fingers crossed 😃 

@January121 ,It's weird.  When I do a search for the product, nothing comes up.  When I do a search for all Tweak'd products, it's not listed.  BUT, if I go to my last order for that product and click on the product description, it says "Sold Out".  I'm not sure what to think, but I'm hoping it will come back, some how, some day!

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Have you tried getting in touch with the company itself and did you check on HSN?  Good luck

@brandiwine , I've checked on both QVC and HSN.  I did a Google search to see if the company had a website that I could contact them at, and didn't get any results. 

Valued Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Have you tried getting in touch with the company itself and did you check on HSN?  Good luck

@brandiwine , I've checked on both QVC and HSN.  I did a Google search to see if the company had a website that I could contact them at, and didn't get any results. 

Here is the link to their home page - https://tweak-d.com/

Respected Contributor

I do use this product on my dry hair as a finishing product to my hair. It's not my HG so I am not all that disappointed. Maybe Denis is transitioning to a different product to replace it.

Respected Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Here is the link to their home page - https://tweak-d.com/

Thanks for the link!  The product is not listed there, bummer!

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I HATE when this happens - I find something I love and get used to using it all the time then BAM, it disappears!  I have been using Tweak'd The Stylist Limitless Styling Creme for a few years now and it's no longer listed on the website.  It had mixed reviews, but most of the bad ones were because the pump did not work, not because it was a bad product.  It doesn't come up in a search, but when I find it through my Order Status, it says "Sold Out".  I'm hoping it's going to come back with improved packaging but until then, they are not offering a suitable substitute.  I have one bottle left, I will make it last as long as possible. 

@Suzeecat   Sold out on Q? There are some perks to having a sister channel. Check HSN who also sells T’weaked and see if your styling product is there. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

@Suzeecat   Sold out on Q? There are some perks to having a sister channel. Check HSN who also sells T’weaked and see if your styling product is there. Good luck.

Thanks @Shanus , it is no longer listed at either QVC or HSN.  I always ordered it from HSN, I would usually wait for a sale or a 20% off coupon.