Trusted Contributor

My Cherry on Top just arrived.  Cant wait to try it!

Respected Contributor

I have not washed my hair yet , but did wash my hands  3 different times using the smallest amount and it reall lingered. In my opinion it does not even in the least smell like cherry or vanilla , strong floral perfume. I did want to add i rinsed my hands thouroughly and it still smells , that might really be cloying if you have long hair around your face all day. This is just my opinion and i hope others will feel differently .

Trusted Contributor

Mine arrived.

I don't know......  I'm not getting a floral vibe. No sweetness, no "green" and no gourmand. However, there is something vaguely familiar about the scent. It reminds me of the women who would walk by you in an upscale department store and you would turn because they smelled so good. Someone said perfume and yes, I can see that but not in a bad way. My youngest said it smelled "Fancy. Like the rich women you would see in the nice restaurants in DC". He's right. There's a richness to it.

That said, I don't know how it's going to be with a long mass of hair smelling like it.  Am I disappointed? Yes. I was expecting a gourmand scent with bases of vanilla cupcake and cherries and this is NOT what it is in any way. I'll continue to sniff it and if I don't get a headache, I'll try it. If it's overpowering with use, back it will go. 

I wish I could think of the perfume/line this reminds me of..... Cartier? Caron? 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

I think perfume is the best way to describe it , i still can smell it on my hands , which i don't like.  I don't even have that problem with my cheap walmart foaming . I do have asthma which doesn't help. I am hoping it is just me , and every one else loves it  . I really don't think it is worth sending back taking $8 off of $30.

Trusted Contributor
It’s Tom Ford’s “Lost Cherry”; that’s what Tweak’d was going for here. I watched two Instagram lives with Dennis before this scent launched, and during both of those, he really drove home that he was TRYING to emulate TF’s Lost Cherry. I also noticed on TS day, that I kept hearing “Cherry and vanilla cupcake”. I didn’t know what to expect, to be honest. I’ve used the scrub, the conditioner and the body cream. It’s DEFINITELY very close to the fragrance. I feel bad for others, because on HSN, the “fragrance part” wasn’t really mentioned. Maybe there is a legal reason for that? For those who love TF’s Lost Cherry, I think you’ll love it. For the MAJORITY who expected to get what they heard described on HSN? I think it’ll be a miss, and I hope HSN won’t charge for returns. Just my $.02
Trusted Contributor

MW in Iowa    You call CS and tell them that the way they presented it on TV was of a vanilla cup cake with cherries not perfume   and you are sending it back and don't think you should have to pay the return fee since it was not the true description.   They will help you,  that is what I did.  Sending it back for free because it is their fault.

Respected Contributor

@nada54 wrote:

MW in Iowa    You call CS and tell them that the way they presented it on TV was of a vanilla cup cake with cherries not perfume   and you are sending it back and don't think you should have to pay the return fee since it was not the true description.   They will help you,  that is what I did.  Sending it back for free because it is their fault.

Thanks , i know $30 is not nothing , but it doesn't bother me as much , if it was more i would definetely send back. I am more disapointed for the people that was looking forward to using this as described , i am hoping people like this scent and we are in the minority.

Trusted Contributor

@Ilovelife123  Really? I wouldn't have purchased it then because that scent reeks on me. Smelling from the bottle it's sickening sweet. Yet, I don't get that vibe from the shampoo/conditioner.

I wonder why he just didn't say on air that it was a cherry based rich perfume-like scent?  To say vanilla waffle cone cupcake and cherry is WAY off from what it actually is, that's for sure, lol.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

I left a negative review for the scent , I mentioned it smelled nothing like it was presented , i rarely write reviews , but i did say the formula was 5 stars. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess I'm the oddball.  I agree, the scent is misnamed, the description wasn't accurate, and the scent is somewhat perfumey, but I don't find it overpowering or long lasting.  Nor does it interfere with my scented body cream, body spray, or cologne.  Best of all, it performs quite nicely.  I did my hair Saturday morning and it's still decently clean today.  That's really good for me.  I don't know if COT will ever become my favorite (have to use it longer and see), but it's a keeper for me.  The only thing I wish is that there was a matching revitalizing mist like I have with my other shampoos, conditioners, and Tweak's scrubs.