Esteemed Contributor

MY FRIEND GOT HERS YESTERDAY AND I HAD A CHANCE TO SMELL THE FRAGRANCE.  AGREE WITH CHI THAT IT HAS MORE OF A FLORAL SCENT.  DID NOT WANT TO DISCOURAGE ANY PURCHASERS AS WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINIONS.  DEFINITELY NOT A FLORAL PERSON IN SCENTS FROM CANDLES TO BODY/SHAMPOO.

I CANCELLED MY "AS" LAST NIGHT.  I WILL EITHER SEND IT BACK UN-OPENED OR KEEP THE ONE SHIPMENT.

HAD IT SMELLED MORE LIKE A BAKED GOODS, I WOULD HAVE LOVED IT!

HAVING SAID THAT I THINK HIS FORMULAS ARE AWESOME.

GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN MY OPALEX, BUMBLE&BUMBLE, AND TWEAK'D TULIPIA.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE!!!!

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

MY FRIEND GOT HERS YESTERDAY AND I HAD A CHANCE TO SMELL THE FRAGRANCE.  AGREE WITH CHI THAT IT HAS MORE OF A FLORAL SCENT.  DID NOT WANT TO DISCOURAGE ANY PURCHASERS AS WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINIONS.  DEFINITELY NOT A FLORAL PERSON IN SCENTS FROM CANDLES TO BODY/SHAMPOO.

I CANCELLED MY "AS" LAST NIGHT.  I WILL EITHER SEND IT BACK UN-OPENED OR KEEP THE ONE SHIPMENT.

HAD IT SMELLED MORE LIKE A BAKED GOODS, I WOULD HAVE LOVED IT!

HAVING SAID THAT I THINK HIS FORMULAS ARE AWESOME.

GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN MY OPALEX, BUMBLE&BUMBLE, AND TWEAK'D TULIPIA.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE!!!!

Thank you @weezer111 . I might try for an exchange. Will give it a chance in the shower and then I will decide

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I FEEL LIKE I FALL INTO THIS ALOT CHI.  I KNOW THE FORMULAS AND SCENTS THAT WORK AND ALWAYS OPT FOR THE NEW!

DO IT ALOT WITH PHILOSOPHY AND BEEKMAN TOO.

NEED TO START STICKING WITH WHAT I KNOW WORKS AND SMELLS GOOD.  ALOT OF THE TIME THE FORMULA SEEMS DIFFERENT WITH THE NEW SCENTS.  TWEAK'D SCRUB IN THE ORIGINAL IS BY FAR THE BEST.

HAVING SAID THAT I AM SURE I WILL DO THE SAME THING AGAIN AND AGAIN!  HAHA!!!

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

I FEEL LIKE I FALL INTO THIS ALOT CHI.  I KNOW THE FORMULAS AND SCENTS THAT WORK AND ALWAYS OPT FOR THE NEW!

DO IT ALOT WITH PHILOSOPHY AND BEEKMAN TOO.

NEED TO START STICKING WITH WHAT I KNOW WORKS AND SMELLS GOOD.  ALOT OF THE TIME THE FORMULA SEEMS DIFFERENT WITH THE NEW SCENTS.  TWEAK'D SCRUB IN THE ORIGINAL IS BY FAR THE BEST.

HAVING SAID THAT I AM SURE I WILL DO THE SAME THING AGAIN AND AGAIN!  HAHA!!!

@weezer111 - I understand and I too like you buy the new scents. I'm sooooo glad I bought the Tulipia - it's my favorite Tweak'd scent. You never know until you try it, so I will always consider the new scents.

Not understanding what happened with the Cherry on Top bc it was certainly described as a gourmand scent. I checked HSN for review but nothing posted yet

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I think it is really terrible to describe a fragrance as bakery but it really is a floral.  That part makes me angry and I wouldn't have ordered at all if they had been truthful.  I doubt HSN will not charge for return shipping even if you don't open the box. 

Since customers are depending on hosts and vendors to tell them accurate details about a item I do think there should be no charge for returning it.  Mine is in "packaging" as I would have cancelled it immediately.

Trusted Contributor

Oh Boy!   I am so disappointed.   I trust Chi and Weezer and if they say floral?

Then that is what it is.   Why oh why would he describe it as vanilla cupcake with a cherry on top??    Of course I will think 'baked goods'.    I am sending it right back.

Yes I like Tweaked  products but I also appreciate the products being described accurately to us since we can not smell thru the tv.   I also purchased the Wild summer apricot  because when I read that description it sounded more like a vanilla caramel ice cream cone.   I might at least smell that one    but everything else is going right back.   I can't have a tub of rescue cream that smells floral either.  I don't think we should have to pay the return fee's either since they false advertised the scent.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:
@Chi-town girl. @nada54. I agree performance counts yet, if the scent sickens you....nothing else matters. Floral give me a horrible headache; some actually make me nauseous. This is I prefer mens' fragrances as the leand toward the spicy. Obviously it's my body chemistry that causes this which is why I rarely purchase a scent by recommendation or because it smells good on someone else. As Nada stated, if I had known this was not a gourmand scent, I would not have purchased it.

I am the same....I can't use floral anything....and I ordered the shampoo only to try.  I could slap myself!  Headaches from my hair smelling of strong flowers I simply can't handle no matter how great it may make my hair look.  

@tsavorite @nada54 @FiddleDeeDee @weezer111 @sueinsf  & all - I understand about getting trigger headaches from fragrances. Before you send it back, call CS and ask them to wave your return shipping fees.

I will make a decision to keep or exchange or return early next week

Trusted Contributor

So I just received my order of the Wild Summer Apricot today.   I think its lovely!  It smells like a baby to me.   Like a light baby shampoo or baby lotion.   Which I know some might not like but I really like it,  so that makes me happy.

Still angry about the Cherry on Top description but have decided I will smell it first and see what I think.   Its strange but the ones that make my hair feel the best is when I use the Amber vanilla shampoo  [ not my favorite scent though]   and the Honey-lux conditoner.   That combo always makes my hair feel so nice.   

Trusted Contributor

@nada54 and everyone else:

Please explain to me how he names his scents but then they smell nothing like the name? Cherry on Top aside, Wild Summer Apricot would, to me, be expected to smell fruity with an apricot scent but it smells like baby shampoo or lotion? I like that smell but to buy something that doesn't say that is, well, kinda misleading to me.

I love the Amber one and to me, it smells exactly as the name describes AND why I purchased it (the scent choice).

Is this his "thing" regarding the naming of products? TIA

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

Yea I don't know what he is thinking when he names them.   But now we know.  I thought the description of the wild Apricot talked about things like  waffle cone and vanilla and caramel   [  I do like food scents]   so I tried it.   Does not smell to me like any of those things   but I do like it.