New Contributor

Tweak’d By Nature

[ Edited ]

Has anbody returned  tweak'd by nature ? I feel it's not the right fit for me. My hair looks heavier than before I started using it. It has no life. 

Spoiler

Super Contributor

I could not get past the awful Frangipani smell. gave me an instant headache and almost gave me nausea. tried it for 4 days. nope. back it went. never again. 

Honored Contributor

I'm using the Revitalizing Hair Mist. I only use a very tiny bit when my hair is just shampooed. I use it for a detangler and it works nicely for that. That's the only way I use it so my hair isn't weighed down. I like the stuff.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee @Kimmiepooh + all

You didn't mention which Tweak'd you were using.

There are basically 3 cleansers:

shampoo + separate conditioner

treatment cleanser

scrub (once a week)

I use them all.

However, when I rinse, my hair is squeeky clean, so there is no way I have left deposits on my hair—which is why someone's hair would feel coated or weighed down.

As @SilleeMee mentioned, I sometimes use the treatment mist.

Lightly!

If your hair is squeeky clean at the shower's last rinse, you would not have hair that is "heavier."

Trusted Contributor

I am experiencing the same thing. I have natural soft curls that are flattened by the original smell. I will not reorder. I bought the huge two 32 ounce bottles of shampoo and conditioner 6 months ago on a TSV auto-delivery. I have fine shoulder-length hair and it weighs it down. I love the smell and it makes my hair very soft, but the ingredients do weigh it down. 

I am wondering, however, if it the lack of sulfates that are cleansing agents in regular shampoo because I am having the same problem with my Aveda Shampure shampoo and condition which is also making my hair flat. Aveda made all of their products vegan and it doesn't work for my hair anymore. I am going to finish these products then go back to my favorite-Nexus Therappee shampoo and Nexus Humectres conditioner. I used it for 30 years and I had better results-and I can get it at the grocery store and it is less expensive.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor 

I'm not using Tweak'd shampoo/conditioner. All I use is the Tweak'd mist.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@1Professor 

I'm not using Tweak'd shampoo/conditioner. All I use is the Tweak'd mist.

@SilleeMee   That's what I thought from your tweet.

Finding various products that actually supplement other brands is a gift.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tweak’d By Nature

[ Edited ]

@Kimmiepooh wrote:

Has anbody returned  tweak'd by nature ? I feel it's not the right fit for me. My hair looks heavier than before I started using it. It has no life. 

Spoiler

If you mean the recent TSV spray...yes I returned mine. I had bought Frangipani...it was overpowering, didn't do a thing for my hair. My hair is thick, wavy and already has lots of body, but I thought I'd try it as a nice summer refresher spritz as I don't have to wash my hair often. In between washings I sometimes used Wen replenishing spray to scrunch and refresh, put moisture back in...and Wen bottles had gotten smaller, and so expensive. However...no contest. I have used others of Dennis' products in the past that I liked, Ojon, as well as the Tawaka shampoo/conditioner. But this smelled bad, strong, cloying and chemical...and just weighed down and coated my hair and made it feel dirty.

When I need another replenisher, I am going back to Wen Sweet Almond mint. I finally see that the 12 oz bottles did return, which they refer to as "super-size" (hardly) and expensive at $55.00 plus S&H...not a desperate need now...I'll wait on a possible deal down the line.

Occasional Contributor

Not me, but I was disappointed in my purchase.  Preferred Ojan! 

Honored Contributor

I use many Tweak'd products and am happy with all of them.