Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have a question...

When did Tweak-d come to HSN?

@SilleeMee   I'm pretty sure it was in 2014.

He only recently started talking about Ojon though.  I'm thinking it's because the line that he sold to Estee Lauder failed.  I'm glad though that he is now able to use it again.  

As far as scent goes, it is pretty strong as it was with his original Ojon.  I sorta felt like he was trying to hide the earthy smell of the product.  I would be happier without the strong perfume smell though.  I'm not in love with his cleansing products you put on dry hair.  I don't like the way it feels going on, and I often don't have the time to wait 5 minutes to get in the shower.  But, I do have the Restore conditoner.  

"Ojon" is a trade name for  Caiaue Oil, unrelated to any one particular brand name. It's listed as "Ojon" in the ingredients listings. Various companies use it in their products.

But, if the name Ojon was trademarked  and that went with it when Estee Lauder bought the brand, then Dennis would not have been able to use the term Ojon even if he used the oil in his product.  Many of the oils in his products are not the scientific names for the oils.  I just happened to notice that he never mentioned Ojon oil in his Tweak'd presentations until several months ago when he introduced the Restore conditioner. There's got to be some reason he wasn't referencing it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have a question...

He only recently started talking about Ojon though.  I'm thinking it's because the line that he sold to Estee Lauder failed.  I'm glad though that he is now able to use it again.  

As far as scent goes, it is pretty strong as it was with his original Ojon.  I sorta felt like he was trying to hide the earthy smell of the product.  I would be happier without the strong perfume smell though.  I'm not in love with his cleansing products you put on dry hair.  I don't like the way it feels going on, and I often don't have the time to wait 5 minutes to get in the shower.  But, I do have the Restore conditoner.  

"Ojon" is a trade name for  Caiaue Oil, unrelated to any one particular brand name. It's listed as "Ojon" in the ingredients listings. Various companies use it in their products.

But, if the name Ojon was trademarked  and that went with it when Estee Lauder bought the brand, then Dennis would not have been able to use the term Ojon even if he used the oil in his product.  Many of the oils in his products are not the scientific names for the oils.  I just happened to notice that he never mentioned Ojon oil in his Tweak'd presentations until several months ago when he introduced the Restore conditioner. There's got to be some reason he wasn't referencing it.

@Icegoddess  during the Tweak'd presentations I've heard Denis make reference to 'a previous brand many of you know' - without mentioning Ojon specifically.

Honored Contributor

I don't really know for sure. Sounds complicated if you asked me. All I know is that there is a difference between trade name and trademark as far as using the name Ojon. I just don't fully understand it, truthfully. @Icegoddess 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have a question...

@Icegoddess  during the Tweak'd presentations I've heard Denis make reference to 'a previous brand many of you know' - without mentioning Ojon specifically.

@Ibby114, which sounds to me he couldn't legally reference it by name, especially since now he does.  Must be bittersweet for him.  Even though he sold the company so no more financial stake, it's probably hard to see it go down the tubes, but the silver lining is that he can now legally reference it.  Hopefully, his products take off and Estee Lauder regrets squandering (aka ruining) such a popular product line.

Respected Contributor

So...does anyone really like these two products?

Honored Contributor

"Ojon"

"Ojon Oil comes from a palm tree that grows naturally from the Caribbean to the north of Brazil, in the Amazon Rainforest. Ojon is a trademark name and got famous by the popular hair product line by the same name, this oil has many names like Caiue, Americanoil and Dende-Bravo in Brazil, and Batana in Honduras." 

Esteemed Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Valstybaby  The  Dhatelo Restore Cleansing Hair Treatment is the Tweak'd product that i really like- the rest of the line  has been just okay. I'm not a fan of hair oils generally so i can't comment on the other half of the ts.

Respected Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

I love the oil as an overnight hair mask.  My hair needs all the help it can get.  It has a strong smell though, just be aware.  I did not find it got on my pillow.  It absorbed nicely before I went to sleep.  The cleansing treatment is ok, not amazing.  I'm someone who really needs a good lather and it doesn't do that.

Honored Contributor

I am on the fence about ordering.  I did try Ojon and I found it to make my hair greasy.  One of the reasons I would like to try this one is because of the hair breakage.  I do have some breakage when I wash my hair.  Is this used as an every day shampoo or just once in awhile.  I do see they have a shampoo & conditioner.  I'm so confused!!

Respected Contributor

@Pecky  If your hair came out oily, you used too much.  I have short hair and only use the tinisit amount.  I love the restore cleanser.  I use a small amount maybe pea size, and following the directions.  Rinse well and that's it.  It is a non-foaming cleanser.  Kind of like WEN only you use a tiny amount instead of tons.  Makes the product last for a very long time.  love the shine, bounce and the fact I don't have to "shampoo"/cleanse my hair nearly as often.  Great value.