Respected Contributor

Re: Tv people who need braces

Really not a big deal to me.  I barely notice other people's teeth unless they have some missing in the front.  I couldn't let that go myself, but there are all kinds of reasons why people do what they do, and it's not always whether or not they can afford it. 

Honored Contributor

Teeth are the first thing I notice with a person.  I certainly don’t judge a person’s character by his/her teeth, but my eyes are always drawn toward the mouth when someone starts talking.  I don’t necessarily think everyone needs a “Hollywood” smile, but I agree if teeth are really crooked, it’s easy to fix.  Dental technology has come a long way.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I’ve always liked and admired the people that have resisted “Hollywood perfection”.  Whether it be crooked teeth, noses, or whatever.

Amen!  Seems like they are the ones staring on TV/Movies and I am the one watching.  Who am I to judge?  BTW, I do have 2 relatives that work on a movie lot.  Stars are very reluctant to change anything once they become a public icon.  Actually some TV commercials are made with the average looking person to appeal to the average family.  Next time we judge in our minds how someone looks, we all need to remember how far they made it in their occupation and let them worry about how happy they are with their looks.  

Respected Contributor

I notice it too. Even the gorgeous argan oil lady could use a little help. 

Honored Contributor

Everyone has different priorities. I'm into straight teeth, but am not bothered as much by wrinkles. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~