Contributor

Maybe it’s me....if I was on tv regularly, I would invest in braces if my teeth were a crooked mess.  So many of my favorite actors, etc have terrible teeth.  I was watching dmitri James on hsn today.  He’s all about looking your best and great skin care.  Why doesn’t he care that his teeth are a crooked mess?  Another example is Mark Harmon on Ncis.  He’s been a hottie for years.  However....his teeth are a mess.  Crooked as all get out.  These guys have money.  I don’t get it.  Their crooked teeth don’t stop me from admiring what they’ve accomplished.  I just think getting teeth fixed now s so easy nowadays.  With Invisalign or similar it’s not even visible.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Tv people who need braces

He does have braces on his teeth.  I had to actually get up close to the TV to see them.  

Honored Contributor

Many actors I notice get the top teeth done & see that they don’t do their bottom teeth.

Getting braces is relatively cheap — $2000 when you consider other cosmetic procedures that are done. In addition to the cosmetic fixing, it fixes your bite so that teeth aren’t worn down irregularly.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

Glad to hear that.  There are so many others that don’t get them.  I was watching some classic shows from my childhood the other day....think Emergency, CHiPs and other 70s shows.  I had crushes on many of those guys.  Now I just see how terrible their teeth were.  Braces weren’t as common back then, but I was still kinda surprised these guys made it into leading roles on tv.  Women were/are always told to lose weight and be beautiful .  Really not fair.  Again....this is just me..I could never be on tv without the confidence of feeling I’ve done what I can reasonably do to look my best.  Not talking extreme measures here.  Braces are easy.

Honored Contributor

These people have so much money they could immediately go to caps.  I had my two front teeth done after grinding them down in my sleep and I couldn't be happier.  Well worth the $2,000 I spent.  Nitrous oxide and huge trust in my dentist made the procedures  worry-free and painless.  Then there is always Invisalign or even metal if one is in more of a hurry.

Honored Contributor

Maybe there's a medical or other important reason why some people choose not to have their teeth straightened or worked on. It's that way in my case. Although my teeth are straight and in good condition, my gums have receded terribly from a medical condition that can't be fixed. I just have to live with it.

Honored Contributor

I’ve always liked and admired the people that have resisted “Hollywood perfection”.  Whether it be crooked teeth, noses, or whatever.

Respected Contributor

I try not to worry about other people's business.

Frequent Contributor

I so agree with you.  I don't understand it either.  And I can't help myself but that's all I can see when I see someone with awful teeth, I can't stop myself from staring at their teeth.  I was blessed with perfectly straight even teeth (I've got many other problems I was not blessed with) and get compliments on my teeth so other people are looking as well.  A woman I went to high school with is also a Facebook friend and she keeps posting pictures of herself and her family, etc.  One of her main center incisors on the top row is a dead tooth and is greatly discolored compared to all her other teeth.  All I see in her pictures is that discolored tooth and I want so badly to shout at her to go get her tooth fixed!!!  She needs a veneer or crown, etc. to fix that one tooth.  I know for a fact she can afford it.  Heck I would work extra jobs to save up the money if that was my tooth.  It distracts from her appearance, at least to me it does.

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political