Trusted Contributor
I got the 3 pc Set of the seasonals to try the FGP & FTP....Already knew I liked the FAS. I am not thrilled with the FGP BUT the FTP is a winner for my moisture craving hair! Rinsed out super easy and I can comb through my hair with no problems while cleansing. Scent wise I like it better than SHP. I think it is as moisturizing as SHP...Maybe even a little more. LOVE it! I want the 3 pc Set with the oil and RTM and if it's a good price will stock up that way. I will probably be getting the 32oz A/D too. Is a scent...clean...I would like year-round too!!
Valued Contributor
On 10/19/2014 suebdoo said: I got the 3 pc Set of the seasonals to try the FGP & FTP....Already knew I liked the FAS. I am not thrilled with the FGP BUT the FTP is a winner for my moisture craving hair! Rinsed out super easy and I can comb through my hair with no problems while cleansing. Scent wise I like it better than SHP. I think it is as moisturizing as SHP...Maybe even a little more. LOVE it! I want the 3 pc Set with the oil and RTM and if it's a good price will stock up that way. I will probably be getting the 32oz A/D too. Is a scent...clean...I would like year-round too!!
^^This, exactly ^^ Ditto!!! You said it better!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
New Contributor
Question: I've been using Wen for about 10 weeks. I first used SAM, but it wasn't moisturizing enough so I ordered FGP and used two 12 oz bottles, liked it, then ordered a 32 oz bottle and am using it. Thing is, since I switched to the larger size, I don't like it as well. The smell of ginger seems overpowering and the mentholl feels very strong on my scalp now. That didn't happen before. I really want to like Wen, so I read this thread and decided to order the TFP, hoping the menthol will be much less. Also, just this week my hair started to feel like I hadn't rinsed well enough, even though I had. I have long hair (almost to bra strap in back), that is color treated. I was doing one cleanse with ten pumps to crown and sides, and ten to the nape through ends. Yesterday, however, I divided it up into two cycles and did eight pumps to each area each time. It seemed to help with the feeling of getting thoroughly rinsed, but the menthol is just too much and I don't understand why as it wasn't from the 12 oz bottles. Also, I don't use it as a leave in because it just felt gross. My question is, does the pear have menthol? I hope not. I ordered the 16 oz bottle to try. I really hope it doesn't because I like the concept of Wen. I now have a 32 oz bottle of FGP that is just too strong. Thanks in advance.
Honored Contributor
On 10/22/2014 AmyV1970 said: Question: I've been using Wen for about 10 weeks. I first used SAM, but it wasn't moisturizing enough so I ordered FGP and used two 12 oz bottles, liked it, then ordered a 32 oz bottle and am using it. Thing is, since I switched to the larger size, I don't like it as well. The smell of ginger seems overpowering and the mentholl feels very strong on my scalp now. That didn't happen before. I really want to like Wen, so I read this thread and decided to order the TFP, hoping the menthol will be much less. Also, just this week my hair started to feel like I hadn't rinsed well enough, even though I had. I have long hair (almost to bra strap in back), that is color treated. I was doing one cleanse with ten pumps to crown and sides, and ten to the nape through ends. Yesterday, however, I divided it up into two cycles and did eight pumps to each area each time. It seemed to help with the feeling of getting thoroughly rinsed, but the menthol is just too much and I don't understand why as it wasn't from the 12 oz bottles. Also, I don't use it as a leave in because it just felt gross. My question is, does the pear have menthol? I hope not. I ordered the 16 oz bottle to try. I really hope it doesn't because I like the concept of Wen. I now have a 32 oz bottle of FGP that is just too strong. Thanks in advance.

yes FTP has menthol. All the WEN contains menthol except WEN kids. QVC has the ingredients listed for all the formulas.

Respected Contributor
On 8/30/2014 Ceci said:

Thanks Happydaze. I did order the small Pear. I have so many bottles of CC's in my closet that I don't like or doesn't work for my hair - 613. Doesn't work and makes my hair dry and brittle. TT is what I use every wash mixed with Summer Peach or Fig.

What I don't understand is why anyone would want their hair smelling like Apple or Pumpkin Pie???

I agree with you. I didn't like the FAS and also didn't order the FGP since I don't think I would like it. My first seasonal was summer mango coconut and this is when I started using Wen. Since that time I have liked all of the seasonals except for FAS. I use one of the seasonals almost every time that I cleanse my hair for my 2nd cleanse. I occasionally use 613 as my second cleanse.

Valued Contributor
On 10/22/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 10/22/2014 AmyV1970 said: Question: I've been using Wen for about 10 weeks. I first used SAM, but it wasn't moisturizing enough so I ordered FGP and used two 12 oz bottles, liked it, then ordered a 32 oz bottle and am using it. Thing is, since I switched to the larger size, I don't like it as well. The smell of ginger seems overpowering and the mentholl feels very strong on my scalp now. That didn't happen before. I really want to like Wen, so I read this thread and decided to order the TFP, hoping the menthol will be much less. Also, just this week my hair started to feel like I hadn't rinsed well enough, even though I had. I have long hair (almost to bra strap in back), that is color treated. I was doing one cleanse with ten pumps to crown and sides, and ten to the nape through ends. Yesterday, however, I divided it up into two cycles and did eight pumps to each area each time. It seemed to help with the feeling of getting thoroughly rinsed, but the menthol is just too much and I don't understand why as it wasn't from the 12 oz bottles. Also, I don't use it as a leave in because it just felt gross. My question is, does the pear have menthol? I hope not. I ordered the 16 oz bottle to try. I really hope it doesn't because I like the concept of Wen. I now have a 32 oz bottle of FGP that is just too strong. Thanks in advance.

yes FTP has menthol. All the WEN contains menthol except WEN kids. QVC has the ingredients listed for all the formulas.

Happydaze is right, it has menthol. That said I don't notice it in the FTP. I do think it's stronger in the FGP. I find the Tuscan Pear very light, but moisturizing. Using the 2 cleanse method will help with your hair feeling heavy or like you didn't rinse enough. Also when you apply the cleanser make sure and add a big splash of water to get it frothy. I apply my 10 pumps then dip my head in the shower stream for a few seconds then work the cleanser in really good. Mixing enough water in helps distribute it and helps when it comes to rinsing. And the FTP is much easier to rinse than the FGP in my opinion. I think you'll like it! :-) It smells wonderful too!!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
New Contributor
Thanks for the responses. Bethany, I do add the splash to make it 'activate'. To me that is the best part of the whole process. It feels great. Then I comb through, clip the hair up, and go on with my shower. Then I rinse. I guess if I don't like the FTP I'll just return it. Maybe I should try the kids versions. I did read where someone else did that and loved it. I didn't seem to notice the menthol as much in the SAM, so maybe like you said, it's just stronger in the FGP. I guess I could return the FGP. I'll go research QVC return policy. Any others here use the kids formula?
Respected Contributor
On 10/23/2014 AmyV1970 said: Thanks for the responses. Bethany, I do add the splash to make it 'activate'. To me that is the best part of the whole process. It feels great. Then I comb through, clip the hair up, and go on with my shower. Then I rinse. I guess if I don't like the FTP I'll just return it. Maybe I should try the kids versions. I did read where someone else did that and loved it. I didn't seem to notice the menthol as much in the SAM, so maybe like you said, it's just stronger in the FGP. I guess I could return the FGP. I'll go research QVC return policy. Any others here use the kids formula?

Amy, You shouldn't have any problem returning FGP. I never order this formula since I didn't think I would like it. I don't believe it is a problem to return anything unless you always return what you buy.

Honored Contributor

When my hair starts feeling "heavy", even greasy - I use a shampoo and follow it up with a second cleanse with WEN. I cleans my scalp more thoroughly, gets out all the gunk and my WEN works much better again.

I do this every 10 cleanses or so in the summer...less now - maybe once at 2-3 months.

Many people who love WEN do this...it's not heresy!