Honored Contributor

Image may contain: one or more people, closeup and text

I thought I would pass this along on behalf of a friend who lost her (non-smoker) husband last month to lung cancer.  Cat Sad

About
LUNG FORCE is a new national movement led by the American Lung Association to unite women against the #1 cancer killer of women: lung cancer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Turquoise Toes Challenge

I hate looking at people's feet.  That's something I dislike about summer....that and BO some people have....

I think colors look cute on other people.  Me?  I still like red on toes.  I don't wear much other than clear on my fingernails anymore.  I like red on them too but don't have the patience to sit and get my nails done.

I take my two teenage granddaughters to the salon with me and we get pedicures.  Just waiting for that to get done I feel like my head is going to explode.  It's just boring.

I see others who have brightly colored toes and nails and think it's cute.  I think people should wear whatever they like.  That's what matters.

Honored Contributor

I love turquoise anything, even toes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Some of those toes are not turquoise -- cheetahs😀

I wonder how many women with lung cancer were nonsmokers.  I'm thinking about Christopher Reeve's wife.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like the turquoise, but isn't the lung cancer awareness color white?  

I think I would be painting my nails periwinkle--for esophageal cancer awareness month--if I were to paint mine.  April is also the month my dad died of EC.

I used to work with a woman whose mother has lung cancer.  She's never been a smoker either...not that it should matter to others.  Smoker or non-smoker, it's still an awful thing to happen to a person.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

That's my go to color for summer  Wearing turquoise on my toes now.  Love it !!   Heart

Honored Contributor

I do turquoise toes in the summer. It's fun and different!

image.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

That is my favorite toe color, it looks great in the summer !🌞🌞

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Thanks for this info, lolakimono!  DH just gave my toenails a coat of "mermaid to order", the closest thing I have to turquoise right now.  I lost my Mom to lung cancer in 2002.  I'll go looking for something closer to turquoise than teal, but at least for now, my toes are closer to turquoise than they were a half hour ago.

Honored Contributor

I love these colors on others and I've wanted to try this one (For Audrey) for a while:

Nail.jpg

But I feel more comfortable in the pinky reds.

Last week, I forgot my nail kit at home, so I let my nail tech choose the colors.  I have navy blue on my toes.  I don't hate it, but it's not me.  I'm on vacation, so it's not a big deal.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN