Trusted Contributor

Re: Turned off by cosmetic presentations

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I don't think that MaryBeth Roe gets plastic surgery or proceedures. she is letting herself grow old gracefully like most of us and I apprecieate that. If feel that our country tells us that being an old woman is ugly and unwanted, but men are considered better looking as they get older. 

Now that we are focusing on different colored skintones we need to bring that focus to age discrimination for women. 

She has had a few  things done....but seems to stay more natural than most .

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@bonnielu - I saw Dimitri James the other day on HSN and I would not have recognized him if the host hadn't mentioned his name. He has obviously had major face/eyes/neck surgeries. Nothing wrong with that, except he's using his own face, etc., to illustrate how wonderful his products are and how well they work.

His products actually did all that?! No. To me, this is blatant false advertising. Most, if not all, of any "after" pictures are created by lighting and angles by any of these beauty vendors. 

As others have stated, there is only one way to achieve no wrinkles, no sagging jowls, the under eye bags, crows feet etc., and that is with surgery. He (and others in the industry) know this and go the surgery route. Just don't make it appear that the products work wonders and that by using them you will look this good, too.

For years he claimed "I have never had a procedure done!"  I don't hear him saying that now.  He is looking more and more like a woman..........not good.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@bonnielu - I saw Dimitri James the other day on HSN and I would not have recognized him if the host hadn't mentioned his name. He has obviously had major face/eyes/neck surgeries. Nothing wrong with that, except he's using his own face, etc., to illustrate how wonderful his products are and how well they work.

His products actually did all that?! No. To me, this is blatant false advertising. Most, if not all, of any "after" pictures are created by lighting and angles by any of these beauty vendors. 

As others have stated, there is only one way to achieve no wrinkles, no sagging jowls, the under eye bags, crows feet etc., and that is with surgery. He (and others in the industry) know this and go the surgery route. Just don't make it appear that the products work wonders and that by using them you will look this good, too.

@Mimi 1883 

Dimitri has taken it so far that he only bears a vague resemblance to his former self. 

I'm wondering if he might be transitioning ala Bruce J. 

I just said that in another post!  I totally agree.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Frequent Contributor

I watch them all praise every product. This is the best, this is better and safer then most. I use this every day. It really gets old after awhile. Too much about saggy skin, wrinkles and so on. People need to be careful with what they put on their skin. And for Pete's sake this gals are so young they shouldn't even have problems yet. The hosts are beautiful but you can't use them all everyday. JMO
Frequent Contributor

I just saw the post about Dimitri. Boy he has changed a lot.I used to love his products and him. But everything changed with him and his products. I never understood what happened. Too bad.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yes, we are bombarded with sales, but that is the name of the game. More and more, I am shopping in my own stash, mixing up beauty products I already have.

Just today, I used up some face serum on my HAIR! Results after several hours, then a shampoo, were impressive.

Valued Contributor

I also don't like the EXTREME close ups during the beauty shows. It just seems awkward. 

Esteemed Contributor

In any case for all the great answers to my original post, thank you.  I really believe that the hosts and vendors are not being honest and truthful.  The product is not what is making the wrinkles go away and that is what they are selling.  I have been into photography for years and I know "how to play it."  And the results are mostly because of "fixing the problem" and not with the product being presented.  I find it deceptive and I see it because I do not watch these hosts everyday.  Tuning in once in 6 months or more it is very evident.  I want to trust but find it harder.  

Respected Contributor

Jill Bauer-most of you remember as a host, of course.  She would dissemble.  EVERY beauty product she presented was something that she used.  I remember one  brand name in particular.  She said she had used it since she was 15 years-old.  I believed her.  Then, at some presentation down the line, she said pretty much the same thing about another line.  Then.., well, you get the idea.  I was insulted.  I thought, "Jill, you already stated this about a different brand.  Do you think the customers don't listen?  Do you think we are stupid?"  She could not possibly have been using ALL those product lines all those years, at the same time. 

Respected Contributor

Agree, it's all hype. I've tried it all and they do nothing. The only thing that works is Botox. Save for that, and fillers, maybe...