Honored Contributor

Re: Turned off by cosmetic presentations

@kittycatmeow wrote:

I was disappointed when I saw two of the Philosophy vendors (first initials H & D) clearly had work done.  Looks like "H" had her eye bags removed and looks great.  On the other hand, it looks like "D" had a lot of work done.  They should disclose this information when presenting products, otherwise it's very misleading and discredits the brand to a certain extent.

@kittycatmeow   I'm sure they're not under any contractual obligation to divulage any plastic surgery or any other personal surgeries they may have had. Hosts and vendors assume your noticing they look different....that speaks for itself. 

Honored Contributor

I am so tired of the beauty shows---period. Seems its the same old stuff that is supposed to change my life----and the before/ afters are a joke---never watch anymore---

Trusted Contributor

Last night a host was raving about how a vendor looks younger than she does. It was definitely presented as the products doing the work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@bonnielu - I saw Dimitri James the other day on HSN and I would not have recognized him if the host hadn't mentioned his name. He has obviously had major face/eyes/neck surgeries. Nothing wrong with that, except he's using his own face, etc., to illustrate how wonderful his products are and how well they work.

His products actually did all that?! No. To me, this is blatant false advertising. Most, if not all, of any "after" pictures are created by lighting and angles by any of these beauty vendors. 

As others have stated, there is only one way to achieve no wrinkles, no sagging jowls, the under eye bags, crows feet etc., and that is with surgery. He (and others in the industry) know this and go the surgery route. Just don't make it appear that the products work wonders and that by using them you will look this good, too.

@Mimi 1883 

Dimitri has taken it so far that he only bears a vague resemblance to his former self. 

I'm wondering if he might be transitioning ala Bruce J. 

Honored Contributor

@kittycatmeow wrote:

I was disappointed when I saw two of the Philosophy vendors (first initials H & D) clearly had work done.  Looks like "H" had her eye bags removed and looks great.  On the other hand, it looks like "D" had a lot of work done.  They should disclose this information when presenting products, otherwise it's very misleading and discredits the brand to a certain extent.

@kittycatmeow 

Oh, come on ......   LOTS of professional women (and QVC hosts) who are on camera have had work done.   I think there was a big surge soon after everyone started using HD cameras.  

Since a topical cream can't possibly do the work of a facelift, why would anyone ever be "mislead"?   

The presentations tell you what's possible .... but if you aren't paying attention, or making false assumptions, that's on you, not hosts or vendors.

Honored Contributor

Oh, come on ......   LOTS of professional women (and QVC hosts) who are on camera have had work done.   

Right!  Reminds me of a while back when people here were bashing Dominque Sachse for her face lifts.  She makes her living in front of a tv news camera.  She knows when her looks go, she most likely will too.  It's her livelihood.

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't bother me at all that vendors such as Dr. Denese, for example, have had some type of face lift. She, and the others, certainly didn't stop taking care of their skin with moisturizers, etc. after that was done. I've used several of her products for years, and I'd continue to do that even if I had a few nips and tucks.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed  in a host saying this morning, "how dr denise is aging in reverse and looking younger than ever"....Everyone knows why, it was kind of sneaky imo. Just not what i expected from this host.

Occasional Contributor

I hate when the host rubs face and neck cream on the back of their hands. This drives me nuts.  The skin on your hand is NOTHING like your face and neck skin.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think that MaryBeth Roe gets plastic surgery or proceedures. she is letting herself grow old gracefully like most of us and I apprecieate that. If feel that our country tells us that being an old woman is ugly and unwanted, but men are considered better looking as they get older. 

Now that we are focusing on different colored skintones we need to bring that focus to age discrimination for women.