Esteemed Contributor

Turned off by cosmetic presentations

I am not one who watches QVC... just an occasional look. I often stop and see the cosmetic presentations, those that are selling age related fixes for the face and neck. Often the models are young with little or no problems.  And then there are the hosts and vendors who obviously had  some sort of cosmetic "adjustment" as in Botox.  There should be a disclaimer.  I find the presentations a bit deceptive.  I wish there was a magic potion, but not likely.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Turned off by cosmetic presentations

@bonnielu wrote:

I am not one who watches QVC... just an occasional look. I often stop and see the cosmetic presentations, those that are selling age related fixes for the face and neck. Often the models are young with little or no problems.  And then there are the hosts and vendors who obviously had  some sort of cosmetic "adjustment" as in Botox.  There should be a disclaimer.  I find the presentations a bit deceptive.  I wish there was a magic potion, but not likely.  

The only host I know of that's gotten Botox in a small area has stated dozens of times that she has.  I don't know of any other hosts that appear to have had cosmetic "adjustments" as you put it.  

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu The shows I find really eye opening are the ones hosted by Jane, Mary Beth, Pat - the hosts ages closer to age 60 & have been with the Q since the beginning.  They have been offered/educated/used the different beauty products from the highest prices/ingredients to the lower priced.  Seeing how they have aged in HD has really helped me see the real thing & it's darn scary.  They all are beautiful but seeing Pat after fillers/botox & Mary Beth not using as much product/makeup - it's visually in the camera & wow, it's real.

Honored Contributor

I'm always amused by the before and after pictures where there is no noticeable difference at all.  Once in a while the before looks better than the after. Yet the vendors swear the product performs miracles, like we're completely blind and stupid. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hubbs say the same thing.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 & I swear the before/afters are photographed like some of the food items - not real at all, lighting different, different angles & honestly, sometimes different people ... 

Honored Contributor

IDK - I think the befores and afters are pretty realistic. The beauty vendors tend to use models that already have good lashes (Brooke) or full lips (Sheila). Maybe some of these models have had procedures of some kind, but I think the befores and afters are mostly legitimate.

Some of the hosts have had work done. I can tell. And some are embracing their own looks- which to me is much better. A lot of the younger hosts are having procedures done. I don't think they need it, but in their business they're probably always looking over their shoulder for the next host who THEY see as younger and prettier. 

I believe if something is bothering you, you should certainly take care of it. One of my closest friends had and has beautiful eyes, but she wanted more. Her husband wasn't happy and refused to take her for the procedure, so I drove her and waited all day to take her home. Her husband has not mentioned it. He acts like it never happened!  TBH I can't tell a difference, but she's happy!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@Kachina624 & I swear the before/afters are photographed like some of the food items - not real at all, lighting different, different angles & honestly, sometimes different people ... 

If there is any manipulation of before and after photos, look at the before. It is most likely the altered photo. They often have a disclaimer about the after photo being unretouched, but not about the before.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I personally have heard 3 different hosts mention that they miss getting their Botox injections due to Covid. The thing I think is more misleading when a Product developer, etc and they have had plastic surgery and Botox! 

Super Contributor

I always wonder why the before and after photos never change. If their products were that remarkable you would see some newer pictures or something. Just my opinion!