Honored Contributor

FYI, these products contain Bifida Lysate Ferment, same active ingredient in Lancome Genifique.

Respected Contributor

I have the exfoliating mask, and it's gentle and effective. I use it 1-2 times/week and my skin is super soft afterwards. FWIW, the TSV is a good price considering how much each product would cost. I would repurchase the mask. A little goes a long way also. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you look up topical probiotic studies, you'll find information out there -- probiotics for internal as well as topical use (treating acne & rosacea, as well as for moisturizing the skin).

It doesn't sound as gimmicky to me, however, I am not a candidate for this skincare line.

You are all sounding as though you are making fun of yogurt on the skin. I've read about yogurt facial masks for years, though I've never felt a compulsion to try them.

Valued Contributor

@Harpa  I am poking fun for laughs and lightheartedness. I love yogurt and always have. I love it so much I make my own greek, and give some to my cats and dog daily, it is very good for them. Actually I am considering trying the line, as I have extremely sensitive skin.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

If you look up topical probiotic studies, you'll find information out there -- probiotics for internal as well as topical use (treating acne & rosacea, as well as for moisturizing the skin).

It doesn't sound as gimmicky to me, however, I am not a candidate for this skincare line.

You are all sounding as though you are making fun of yogurt on the skin. I've read about yogurt facial masks for years, though I've never felt a compulsion to try them.

@Harpa, I was being very serious about putting yogurt on my face. Of course I know there are yogurt masks. There are many other foods you can make natural masks from. I was trying to make the point that you can save a bit of $$ if you want probiotics on your skin.... and....you can eat some of the yogurt then put the rest on your face. Benefits inside and out in one sitting!  :-)

Trusted Contributor

@SaRina  I live in North Jersey and I've seen Dr. Raj on Good Day NY many times.  I like her and I would have no problem going to her as a patient, but I felt the same way as you did about her credibility.  I came into this thread being skeptical of her skincare line and was surprised to see a lot of good reviews.  Not for me, personally, but I hope everyone enjoys the products.  

I also have to say that I've seen her on Dr. Oz before.  I don't know if Dr. Oz is still a practicing surgeon, but I wouldn't go to him. I feel at a certain point medical skills suffer when these people branch out into other things.  I don't feel that way about Dr. Raj yet.  She seems to be pretty active in her practice.  Anyway, nice to see another NYC Metro area person!  Smiley Happy

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

I decided to take the plunge -- I feel like my skin care routine could use a shake up.  I went for the auto-delivery in case I love it...I'll cancel if I don't.  Glad to hear that so many are seeing good results.  The price is amazing.

Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@SaRina  I live in North Jersey and I've seen Dr. Raj on Good Day NY many times.  I like her and I would have no problem going to her as a patient, but I felt the same way as you did about her credibility.  I came into this thread being skeptical of her skincare line and was surprised to see a lot of good reviews.  Not for me, personally, but I hope everyone enjoys the products.  

I also have to say that I've seen her on Dr. Oz before.  I don't know if Dr. Oz is still a practicing surgeon, but I wouldn't go to him. I feel at a certain point medical skills suffer when these people branch out into other things.  I don't feel that way about Dr. Raj yet.  She seems to be pretty active in her practice.  Anyway, nice to see another NYC Metro area person!  Smiley Happy

@Hi @Stargazer77,

That's exactly what I meant and why I decided not to see her as a patient. Besides skills getting rusty because too much time is being spent elsewhere, I just get the feeling that she is "trying" these other opportunities because her heart is no longer in her medical practice. Seeing her offering design advice on HGTV (as the designer) clinched it for me, but now this. Anyhow, I hope those who purchase are happy with her product.

I hope your summer is going well -- waving hi!  Should be a steamy one today. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

FYI, these products contain Bifida Lysate Ferment, same active ingredient in Lancome Genifique.

Genifique gets super bad reviews on Paula's site.  Doesn't it have a lot of alcohol in it??

Genefique also has too much fragrance.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

The gastroenterologist is lovely, and she is an excellent presenter.  That being said, her developing a skincare line and hawking it on QVC seems a bit odd.  She's not a dermatologist.  

I know she deals with the "gut" issues, but I think it's a stretch that a topical line with probiotics would be in her scope of expertise.

I wasn't that interested.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"