Honored Contributor

Tula Skin Care vs. Paula's Choice

Aloha beauties!  Have any of you used both of these lines?  If so, which one do you prefer and why?  I'm curious to know the comparison between these lines, specifically.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tula Skin Care vs. Paula's Choice

Maybe 8 people in 100 have tried those two exact products - so many to choose from.  I've tried Tula - liked it - but too pricey to reorder.   Not familiar with Paula.

Respected Contributor

I've tried both of those lines.  I've tried the Paula's Choice Resist Moisturizer, 2% BHA liquid, and the Wrinkle Repair Serum.  I've tried Tula's Deep Wrinkle Serum, Day and Night Cream, and the Exfoliating Treatment Mask.  I am still using Paula's Choice 2% BHA, and I would repurchase that in the future.  I really didn't like Tula's treatment mask. It really sticks to your skin and it's really hard to wash off.  The Tula Serum is very watery and I didn't like that, either. The Tula's Day and Night Cream is nice, but I don't feel it's better than other moisturizers that I tried.  I think Tula's products has more fruit extracts and probiotics. But I think Paula's Choice has more scientificly based skin care ingredients. So if I had choose one line based one the products that I tried, I would choose Paula's Choice, since I didn't like two of the three products I tried from Tula.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @momoftwo2007! I’m a Paula’s Choice user (Resist for Normal/Dry) and have no complaints whatsoever. With Tula being on the air today I was slightly tempted to try the Q2 deal, but I think I’ll pass. Thanks for your candid feedback! Aloha! 😎🌴🍍😍

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I've been using Paula Choice's products since 1995.  I love her Resist line, BHA, Moisture Boost Cleanser and her Retinol prodcuts to name a few.  No fragrance, no jar packaging, no coloring, no animal testing and a 60 day guarantee.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife   I have used both lines.  I just tried and returned the Tula TSV having never tried the line before and the value was worthwhile to do so; however, I immediately returned it due to the scent - not pleasant.  So I cannot speak to the efficacy.

I have and continue to use Paula's Choice.  I have repeatedly used her BHA solution (love) as well as her 1% Clinical Strength Retinol and her Niacinamide serum.  Very good results.

I'm not quite sure why Paula's Choice is not bothering with air time or expanding the line on the Q.  I believe I would try more if significant values were brought here - her website, although not pricey, is a good alternative for those interested but the Q often has bundled values giving you more value for your buck.

I hope this helps in your decision.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used Paula's Choice for my skin care for many years but tried Tula when they had their TSV last year.  Since then I have tried many of their other products.  I have gotten special deals on their products from their site, QVC, and Dermstore.  I have never paid full price for anything so think it is no more expensive than Paula's Choice.  I recently got their new TSV.  I've had great results and my skin has never looked better.  I am no longer using any Paula's Choice products. For reference, I have fairly sensitive, oily skin, am 66 with fine wrinkles. 

Update:  I just purchased today's Beauty IQ Steal (A345344 for AD) which includes the Pro-Glycolic Resurfacing Gel, the Exfoliating Treatment Mask (love this!) and 6 of the Dual-Phase Skin Reviving Treatment Pads.  It was $42.22 with tax which is a great saving over buying these individually from QVC (that would be $104.71).  This kit combined with the previous TSV is pretty much all I will need for my skin care.   

Honored Contributor

@soonersis...WOW!  Thanks for replying!  Maybe I should just try the Q2 Big Deal to see how my skin responds & compare it to PC.  It's only $39.00 so I that's not too much to decide if I want to expand into more of the Tula products.  I've been using PC for ~2 years and love it, but I'm open to trying other products as well, especially if they get stellar reviews and aren't ridiculously expensive.  Thanks again & Aloha!

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed...thank you for your input.  I always buy my PC directly from her site.  She offers specials all the time, plus free shipping, so I take advantage even if I don't really need anything at that particular moment.  I use most of the boosters, but have never tried the Niacinamide serum (that's about the only one).  I use the Resist & Skin Recovery serums (I have dry skin).  She just launched another new booster (Azelaic Acid booster) that I have in my shopping cart, although I'm tempted to wait to read some of the initial reviews.

I don't understand why she doesn't get more QVC airtime either.  There seems to be a lot of PC users on this forum and I believe her last TSV (prior to me using her products) sold out.

Anyhoo...thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Trusted Contributor

Such a smart shopper!  You're very welcome. Smiley Happy