Honored Contributor

Re: Tuesday, June 3, Senior Day @ Walgreens

I like BOGO free deals but I roll my eyes whenever stores offer BOGO half off. That is almost never a good deal I want to take advantage of - especially on makeup & skincare. There are almost always places that have those items at a better every day price.

Esteemed Contributor

KatCat ~ I appreciate the heads-up, but I agree with others above -- all the Walgreen's here are much more expensive than Target, Walmart and Kroger grocery stores. Their Senior Days are a rip-off.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reminder, Kathy. I agree with the others that Walgreen's prices are much higher than the other stores. Now that it can't be used on sale items, I may not take advantge of their Senior days.

Respected Contributor

On 6/2/2014 KatCat1 said:

If you don't like Walgreens then don't shop there. Why are some of you even replying to this thread if you hate Walgreens?

To inform people like U that think they R getting some kind of deal when in fact they aren't.

A Service Announcement.

Respected Contributor

On 6/1/2014 tucsongal said:

I think I've made every senior day for the past year or so (ahem), but would get products at a BOGO price plus the 15%. This was a good deal, but I didn't go last month because they changed the policy. I will go Tuesday to stock up on a Walgreens brand product for the 20% but I'm disappointed in the change. I recently ordered my concealer from Ulta with a BOGO price plus one of their coupons, normally would have gone to Walgreens.

Skylands, you got me curious about the Cetaphil price, because I've never seen that large of a discrepancy. The Walgreens price I found was $10.79 for the same product at Target that costs $8.59. Still more of course, but in the "old days" you could get a BOGO plus 15%.

I'm referring to B&M pricing at Walgreens, not online pricing. Perhaps Walgreen's bases their pricing on location? I don't know? Everything is so much more expensive than Target. Albeit, Walgreen's is more convenient, but..........

Also, when Wlagreen's has a buy one at original price and get the other at half price, this doesn't encourage me to buy.

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Skylands said:

If you don't like Walgreens then don't shop there. Why are some of you even replying to this thread if you hate Walgreens?

To inform people like U that think they R getting some kind of deal when in fact they aren't.

A Service Announcement.

How silly. I don't own Walgreens so I could care less but you seem to come to this thread to start trouble. I am not interested.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

A Service Announcement.

How silly. I don't own Walgreens so I could care less but you seem to come to this thread to start trouble. I am not interested.

Seriously lady, do U only read the good news and don't want a reality check? Polly Anna, enjoy your shopping at Walgreens.

Your welcome!

Honored Contributor

A Service Announcement.

Seriously lady, do U only read the good news and don't want a reality check? Polly Anna, enjoy your shopping at Walgreens.

Your welcome!

Boring

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

On 6/1/2014 tucsongal said:

I think I've made every senior day for the past year or so (ahem), but would get products at a BOGO price plus the 15%. This was a good deal, but I didn't go last month because they changed the policy. I will go Tuesday to stock up on a Walgreens brand product for the 20% but I'm disappointed in the change. I recently ordered my concealer from Ulta with a BOGO price plus one of their coupons, normally would have gone to Walgreens.

Skylands, you got me curious about the Cetaphil price, because I've never seen that large of a discrepancy. The Walgreens price I found was $10.79 for the same product at Target that costs $8.59. Still more of course, but in the "old days" you could get a BOGO plus 15%.

I'm referring to B&M pricing at Walgreens, not online pricing. Perhaps Walgreen's bases their pricing on location? I don't know? Everything is so much more expensive than Target. Albeit, Walgreen's is more convenient, but..........

Also, when Wlagreen's has a buy one at original price and get the other at half price, this doesn't encourage me to buy.

OK, thanks. I remember when BOGO always meant "get one free."

Super Contributor

There medicine is also higher and I asked why and they said because they stay open 24 hours a day for the pharmacy.............ok......there are times we might need that at 2 am and that is the only time I will use them again. Sams pharmacy is so much cheaper.