Respected Contributor

What is the better tubing mascara? The only two that come in brown are Blinc and Thrive?

Honored Contributor

@lavendar 

Tarte makes a tubing mascara.  I have it and like it.  It doesn't flake and is easy to remove.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I bought Blinc at a resort spa a few months ago. I'm sure I overpaid for it, but the woman in the spa store raved about it.

I hate it. It does nothing at all to make my lashes pop. You cannot "build" your lashes

with the product. It feel sticky and plastic-y on my eyes.

Ill stick with Rare Beauty or Lash Princess.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tubing mascara

[ Edited ]

I remember many years ago on HSN there was an Australian woman selling tubing mascara ( I think it was an Australian company called Mirenesse). I tried it and didn't like it. 

Respected Contributor

I think I tried Blinc years ago. 

I LOVE Thrive Mascara. It is the best mascara I have ever used. 

I buy mascara & I really like some, but I am always still layering it to get it to look "more".

I am on my 2nd tube of Thrive & I still love to apply it. My lashes look so great.

I use Black, not the Brown so I can't speak for that.

Respected Contributor

Thanks. I think I'll order Thrive. I uvsed it before and really liked it. I know tubing doesn't give drama but since the pandemic I  have not used any mascara and just want something natural looking and quick.

HSN has a twofer for Doll 10. She makes a point of saying that she is doing brown for her very fair clients. My lashes are blonde and when I use black it's too harsh. I ordered hers also. I throw away every tube at three months but it is so long since I've used mascara that I don't mind spluring.

Honored Contributor

I used an Australian brand called Mireness years ago--was on HSN I think and it was great. But no mascara works in my short, stubby lashes.

Respected Contributor

Blinc is AWFUL.  I loved Mirenese it was great. Maybe I'll try Thrive

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tubing mascara

[ Edited ]

@lavendar   My favorite tubing mascara is  Caliray Come Hell or High Water.  Unfortunately, I don't think it comes in brown. I also like Clinque's Lash Power Mascara which comes on Dark Chocolate.  Covergirl The Super Sizer Fibers Mascara is good too.  It comes in black brown.   I tried the Thrive mascara but wasn't thrilled with it.  

Respected Contributor

I love tube mascara! The last one I bought was from Boots #7. Still using it. Good stuff!