Trusted Contributor

Re: Tube-top/Strapless on Air?

I think she looks great!
Trusted Contributor

She does look great but what is she selling? I just think it distracts shoppers from what is being sold. If she's selling the top, tanning products or maybe a fitness product it would seem to help sales. Not sure how it helps sales of other products not related to her bare shoulders.

KJPA
Honored Contributor

I think it is fine. I don't even notice really. Obviously QVC's dress code allows it so who am I to say what their employees should or shouldn't wear?

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.mellow}{#emotions_dlg.huh}{#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.bored}{#emotions_dlg.glare}{#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}You know I really have no opinion, she does look good in one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

On 6/7/2014 azterry! said:
On 6/7/2014 ennui1 said:
On 6/7/2014 azterry! said:

When, in this millennium, did shoulders become taboo?

When, in this millennium, did clothing become taboo?

clothing? who was naked? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

It's only a matter of time. Wink

I'm surprised there are still shoe stores, considering everyone walks around in flip-flops.

Respected Contributor

Just turned on the television- I don't really think it's ever appropriate for television. Tube tops, strapless, plunging necklines= no. Kirsten looks like she's going for a stroll on the boardwalk.

Respected Contributor

For jewelry, since the OP mentioned a Vincenza show, and isn't that jewelry?... a strapless top is quite appropriate to showcase necklaces, especially.

In general as long as a show host doesn't look sloppy whatever they wear is fine. A strapless top is perfectly acceptable. It IS summer last time I checked.

Respected Contributor

On 6/7/2014 betteb said:

I think it's fine. I'd much rather see that than some guy with his pants hanging down and his boxers showing{#emotions_dlg.scared}

bette {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Love ya, GF!

Honored Contributor

On 6/7/2014 moonstone dunes said:

She wears this style well! She has no cleavage to speak of, she looks like model. Slim and toned. I like her hairstyle too!

She doesn't miss an occasion to let the audience know what a great jockette she is. She's on my "no watch" list.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

On 6/7/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Its fine on air. However I work in a very conservative financial institution in Washington DC where it would never be allowed. Kirsten can definitely pull off the look.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

By "very conservative" do you mean your financial institution has a dress code? I see nothing wrong with that. If I were to walk into a business and the staff was dressed in tube tops, I wouldn't like it. You are right, though, KL can pull it off. I just think there is such a thing as showing too much skin on the job.