Frequent Contributor
I'm not much of a prude but the trend of the female hosts going totally strapless on-air when it's not an occasion calling for it (like Vincenza style in Italy for example) I'm not finding terribly professional. Maybe for lunch w/ your girlfriends but not at work on the air. What are your thoughts?
Honored Contributor

Re: Tube-top/Strapless on Air?

She looks nice. I love her necklace...

Honored Contributor

When they start dressing like PeopleofWalmart or people who go to the DMV in their pajamas and slippers, then I'll agree with you.

Otherwise, they are dressed (albeit casually) but they are at least dressed and presentable.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's fine. I'd much rather see that than some guy with his pants hanging down and his boxers showing

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Why were you talking about? I am totally oblivious to everything. Who is this?

Super Contributor

I guess it doesn't bother me. I never thought about it one way or the other.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Honored Contributor

she looks fine, it is flattering on her, and if her bosses had a problem with it then i suppose she would not be wearing it......and bottom line that is really all that matters....whether or not it is appropriate in HER workplace.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of the look for work.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea who we talking about on this thread -- and frankly it's not important for my comments. I feel that professional minded adults shouldn't have to rely on our bosses telling us what to wear in order to make decisions as to what's appropriate for the workplace. Often these days employers (particularly big ones like QVC) are reluctant to intervene because employees are so quick to bring a "suit" (lawyers) over the most inconsequential things.

My personal opinion is that strapless, exposed cleavage, thigh high splits on dresses/skirts, exposed underwear, men wearing shirts unbuttoned disco style nearly to the waist are on the don't list.

Frequent Contributor

Please note I didn't say there was anything wrong with how she's dressed, just wondered of others thoughts in a professional environment. Thanks for sharing.