Trusted Contributor

Trying to remember an old Estée Lauder lipstick shade

Hi All! Hope one of you beauties of a certain age (lol) can help.

In the 80s, Estée Lauder often included a rose-color lipstick in their gift with purchase. It had rose in the name. Can anyone recall that shade? It was my favorite ever, and if I can get the name I can look for a good match.

This is probably an exercise in futility, but I just thought I'd ask here. There have been shades since then that I've liked so all is not lost! But I would be truly happy to track this one down.

thank you!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Trying to remember an old Estée Lauder lipstick shade

@Thats Me Was it Rose Diamond?   I remember it from years ago.  It was a pretty color. 

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

Ebay has vintage Estee lipsticks to look at. Some Rose lipsticks are:

Sea Rose  Satin finish

Runaway Rose

Rebellious Rose

Boise de Rose

Respected Contributor

@Thats Me I seem to remember a lot of Rosewood lipsticks?

Trusted Contributor

For my complexion, a light olive with a neutral to rose undertone, it was the best nude lip. It had a browny rose color and worked so well on my natural lip color which is a version of that. So many of the nude shades I see now do not have enough color. They are way too beige. This one didn't wash me out, complimented to perfection and worked with everything. I think it was in the All Day formula.

thank you for your replies! None of these names is particularly ringing a bell for me but I'll have a look.

thank you again!

Respected Contributor

For the past few years the color they've included in GWP tends to be "Rebellious Rose" - a brown undertone rose, pretty, and their most popular shade. 

Howevever  alas with very fair skin and tones it reads a terra cotta brownish shade and I have to end up trying to make it work and invariably tossing it after a few months.  

On the right skin tone it is beautiful.  I love their line of Color Envy lip sculping lipsticks; my go-to brand.

Trusted Contributor

The more I think about it @newjerseygirl I think maybe it was Rose Diamond. Now if I could just find a picture of it!

Respected Contributor

@That'sMe  I always got Pinkberry and Rose tea, from E.L.  Dusty Rose maybe?  I also loved Tenderheart from Clinique and Christian Dior's Venetian Brown was wonderful! I think that was my all time favorite lipstick. I wore it in my H.S graduation picture. I could never replicate it. @justashopper  I just purchased the Givenchy.  I figured I tag you in this post seeing it was about lipstick. 😃 

Trusted Contributor

Yes @author lipstick is hard. It can't be too blue or too yellow. For me it's the hardest makeup to shop for, even harder than foundation.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hear you @KBEANS ! I'm 66 and while I know many of us experience change in  complexion or lip color as we age, I really haven't, so those colors still work for me. I remember Clinique's Tenderheart and it's such a pretty color. I used their Black Honey gloss in a pot for YEARS.

It's so hard to love a color and have it discontinued.