New Contributor

Trying to find hair claw for thick hair that Sally Beauty previously carried...

You thick-haired ladies may be able to help. It had 2 teeth on one side and only 1 on the other side, but it was the best clip I ever found for thick hair. It was the way the teeth were designed. It was not expensive. Most on the market now aren't designed well at all. I could could kick myself for not remembering the brand. If anyone remembers it, please let me know. Or if you have found one that works well for you, I would be interested! Thanks.
Super Contributor

Re: Trying to find hair claw for thick hair that Sally Beauty previously carried...

Have you tried Ulta? They have many better brands and styles of hair clips.

I have an Octopus clip from the drugstore too. Four teeth on each side that wrap under to make a flat bottom, with silicone grippers.

Super Contributor

Re: Trying to find hair claw for thick hair that Sally Beauty previously carried...

I love Sally's and Ulta. Lucky for me they are both in the same place where I live.
Respected Contributor

I've found some wonderful hair claws for thick, long hair (including a beautiful Sterling Silver one I love!) on ebay.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

Try Amazon
Super Contributor

These hair clips work great. A231877

I bought up extra sets when they went on clearance. You can also find them at Amazon.

They hold my long, thick hair all day. I've even slept in them and they stayed put.

Super Contributor

I usually use hair claws such as the Karina sold at Ulta in the large size. Last week I received this and it works great - it's called the bandette comb and if you have thick hair it should work well.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3160309&skuId=2227834&_request...

Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thank you all for your ideas. I am exited about your suggestions. I wasn't thinking past claw clips, but I certainly am now. Off to shop. Probably Ulta first.
Trusted Contributor

I had a bear claw clip that I used for many years and know I bought it locally but for the life of me, I can't recall where. Once it broke, I have never been able to find quite the same design and it makes me crazy. My hair has once again grown too long and I so wish I still had that fabulous clip.

A common brand sold in DS (starts with a G - Goody, is it?) does still make a bear claw type but not as effective as my original. Never have understood why they discontinue popular selling products. But then again, I do know why - the original design was far more sturdy hence likely more to manufacture than the current versions.

Super Contributor

Lots in Walmart today.