Honored Contributor

Trying to find a new Anti-Frizz Hair Serum to replace the one I loved!

As usual with most products I love --- the Anti-Frizz Hair Serum I have been using seems to have been discontinued!  I have been using Grow Girl Anti-Frizz Hair Serum for quite some time.  I purchased it at Walmart.  I liked it so much, I bought another bottle of it -- thankfully!  When I went to get more, of course --- it's gone!  I looked on line all over and see no sign of it!  I don't blow dry my hair.  I let it dry naturally.  I just applied it to my hands and ran it rhough my dry hair.  It made my hair so soft and really helped with the frizz and fly-aways and didn't weigh it down!  

Most serums I have used, are heavy and make my hair feel greasy!  Also, I can't stand heavy fragrance!  This one has a barely discernable light smell!  I still have about 1/2 bottle left which will last me for a bit but I just don't know what I will use after it is gone!

I have very long (below my bust) hair which is all one length and which is slightly wavy.  Anyone have any suggestions?????

Thanks!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to find a new Anti-Frizz Hair Serum to replace the one I loved!

[ Edited ]

I have long, thick wavy to loose curly hair and it is past the middle of my back thanks to limited inhouse haircuts in 2020-2021.  Usually my hair is just below the shoulders but I noticed more breakage as it got longer and I got older.  I started using Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave In Conditioner last year, and completely skipped the serums this past year with no place to go.  My hair looks great, even the grays and whites that are coming in. I use very little, apply to wet hair, comb through and dry naturally.  I never blow dry or straighten.  There is a scent and if you get too heavy handed it can make your hair weighted down, but this product can be found everywhere and is reasonably priced. It has improved my breakage, and really defines my curls.  I do not plan on using my serums and will be purging them soon.

Honored Contributor

Try Wen.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried any of the Save Me products? I use to get terrible frizz, but w/ Carol's Daughter S & C and the Save Mes, I haven't seen a frizzy in a long, long time!

I've got Pollution Assault & Chemical Conflict. Love them both!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

51k-gPOv-gL._SL1100_.jpgI Love Moroccan oil! And it smells great!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you tried this one yet? I know it says it's for heat styling but it's just a leave-in conditioner which is light. But I can't remember how much fragrance it had or if that was very noticeable. I just remember that it left my hair very smooth and manageable.

It's top rated! Comes in a small 5-oz bottle only but you don't need to use very much...dime-size amount but I used less than that and my hair is long, past my shoulders.

Suave Professionals Leave-in Conditioner, Keratin Infusion Heat Defense,  5.1 oz: Amazon.sg: Beauty

Less than $3 at Walmart

Occasional Contributor

I am trying Wen. Last show I bought a set of Lavender and tea tree oil. My hair has not looked this way in 10 to 12 years. I am 66. I am leary of Wen because of the hair fall out lawsuit. I have always stayed away from Wen but I was desperate and it is working. Hope my hair does not start falling out. Hope this helps.
Esteemed Contributor

Paul Mitchell has a leave on anti frizz hair  mask that works well

Valued Contributor

My favorite anti frizz product is the Bumble and Bumble hairdresser primer. It works great to tame my curly hair and it doesn't leave my hair greasy at all. I have been using this for years especially before I blow dry my hair.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 you and I are in the same boat.   My favorite Anti-Frizz spray has also been discontinued.  It's Matrix Raw Anti-Frizz Spray.  Luckily, I was able to find some on Walmart(dot)com and ordered a couple of bottles, so I'm good for awhile.  At the same time, I found out one of my favorite daily conditioners, Bed Head Moisture Maniac, had also been discontinued and also found that on Walmart and ordered a large pump bottle of that.  

So, I'm on the lookout for both a new conditoner and anti-frizz spray.  I follow a modified curly girl method, so I avoid most silicones, sulfates, drying alcohols, and PEG's (my personal pet peeve), therefore a lot of products already mentioned here I won't use.  

BTW, not beauty related, but to show how powerful my kiss of death is, I have also recently found other favorite products have been discontinued including an eyeliner, Raisin Bran w/Cranberries, and my favorite El Monterey Taquitos.