Valued Contributor

Trying out a new foundation today for my combo skin..........

HOURGLASS Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free. I am no spring chicken yet I still get very shiny a couple hours after applying foundation. So far so good on this one that I ordered from Sephora. Anyone else ever tried this? I would say it's medium coverage, but buildable. Glides on like silk! Lots of color choices, too.

Hourglass - Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free

Honored Contributor

Re: Trying out a new foundation today for my combo skin..........

I am not familiar with that brand. Does it have SPF?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I, too, know nothing about this brand. DD just got one of their blushes - one of her friends told her it was great. Your foundation looks good - I'm glad you like it! Smile

Valued Contributor

On 3/13/2014 KatCat1 said:

I am not familiar with that brand. Does it have SPF?

Unfortunately it does not. Here's more:

What it is:
A breakthrough liquid-to-powder foundation formula that absorbs oil, camouflages imperfections, and delivers a long-lasting, velvet-matte finish.

What it does:
This high-tech foundation incorporates cashmere kaolinite clay, which offers exceptional oil absorption—absorbing 75 percent of its weight in sebum while retaining the skin’s natural moisture. The oil-free, humidity-proof, and water-resistant formula transforms instantly from liquid to powder creating an all-day finish that camouflages imperfections and never looks dull or flat. Immaculate’s superfine treated pigments provide unsurpassed coverage without looking cakey or mask-like, and effectively eliminate the need for powder, blotting, or constant touch-ups throughout the day.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation is infused with clinical levels of two powerful antiaging ingredients—phytostem edelweiss and lavandox.

Research results:
In a four-week consumer study of 30 women with oily, acne-prone skin:
-100% reported an improvement in overall skin appearance and skin smoothness
-100% reported that the product worked without drying their skin
-83% reported a decrease in oil production and the need for touch-ups
-80% reported a visible improvement in acne scars
-70% reported a visible improvement in pore size
-63% reported a reduction in the severity of breakouts

Super Contributor

KatCat, I checked the ingredients and no sunscreen. It appears to be a silicone-based formula, so for me it's a no-go. My skin hates silicones.

Ingredients: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Water, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Kaolin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Decyl Glucoside, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lavandula Stoechas Extract. May Contain ( +/- ): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Honored Contributor

Their tinted moisturizer has SPF, I'm pretty sure. The salesperson at Sephora said that it's more like a foundation than a TM, and she's right. It's nice, but it has a slight amount of shimmer, so I waved bye at it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland