Super Contributor

The first time that I tried Wen, I tried the lavender scent, with disastrous results, even after following the directions to a T.

I swore off Wen.

As you may, or may not know, on Thursday of last week, I was at the salon to have my hair cut and colored, and I brought up the topic of Wen with my hairdresser. In short, he recommended it.

I had purchased a 16 ounce bottle of Sweet Almond Mint from Amazon, and I decided to use that for my first washing after getting my hair colored.

I have short hair, so for the first cleanse, I used about six pumps, worked in to my hair, leaned back in to the shower to get some water on it, and worked it in to a creamy like texture, then rinsed.

I put about five more pumps in to my hair, combed through, then finished my shower, before rinsing really, really, really well.

I then put about a pea sized drop of wen in to my hair and combed that through, and let it air dry.

Here is my 100% pure and honest opinion of the result.

My hair felt silky, clean, and I really can't tell the difference between how clean it is now, vs. when I use a sudsing shampoo.

Will I use it again? Yes. After all, If I am going to spend over $100 for my cut and color, I want the color to stay as long as possible!Smile

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad your results were better this time around! I do hope you stick with it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor
So glad you liked it this time around! I have been on and off with WEN since 2010, but never did the two cleanses...once I started doing cleanse, rinse, repeat in late April I haven't looked back. Now I'm completely WEN-obsessed.
Super Contributor

I wanted to give Wen a fair shot, so I decided to do it exactly as described. Also, the scent isn't nearly as strong as the lavender, which I like.Smile{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor

Glad you liked it the second time around. I think Wen is like a cooking recipe, the first time I try a new one I follow the directions exactly. If I like it enough I will cook it again and then I will sometimes tweak it around to my personal taste.

Respected Contributor
Yay!!! I'm so glad you liked it this time. I was hoping you would like it this time. I think sweet almond mint was a great one to start with this time. It seems a little more moisturizing and smooths the hair a little more than lavender. I can use lavender, but it does seem to make my hair a little more frizzy than some of the others. I want to wish you the best of luck on your Wen journey!! Also, thanks for posting about your Wen story. Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered a 32 ounce bottle of Sweet Almond Mint.

I was going to get the Re-Moist too, but, for now, I think I'll just stick with what I have.