Trusted Contributor

Trying Paula's Choice Peptide Booster

I keep reading that peptides are the holy grail for aging skin. PC had a 20% coupon recently, so I caved in an ordered the Peptide Booster.

I tried it for the first time today, after the PC regimen of "cleanse, tone, exfoliate."  I put a few drops then moistrizer. My face feels fine, but looks red even though I've touched up with powder a couple times today.

Peptide users, does that sound normal?

Honored Contributor

Re: Trying Paula's Choice Peptide Booster

Nope. Peptides should not make your face red.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

I've been using it for about a month now with no irritation at all.  It will be a while before I know if it's having any positive effect on my skin but no negatives so far.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLoverhave you checked the ingredient list, to see if there's anything your skin can't tolerate?  It's a pretty huge list.  Given that, I think you only need to concentrate on the upper half.  The ingredients on the lower half of the list are probably in very small concentrations, especially when it's such a big list like that.

Respected Contributor

Try it a day without exfoliating first, after your skin calms down. I get that reaction from retinol, including hers.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I keep reading that peptides are the holy grail for aging skin. PC had a 20% coupon recently, so I caved in an ordered the Peptide Booster.

I tried it for the first time today, after the PC regimen of "cleanse, tone, exfoliate."  I put a few drops then moistrizer. My face feels fine, but looks red even though I've touched up with powder a couple times today.

Peptide users, does that sound normal?

Nope, but I don't use Paula's Choice Peptides. Or anything from this line. I would not know what's normal for her products.

Trusted Contributor

@Desi wrote:

Try it a day without exfoliating first, after your skin calms down. I get that reaction from retinol, including hers.

Good idea. Using it with the exfoliant might have been too much to start out with. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Yes, it made my face look red. I used it alone. I am going to try mixing it with a moisturizer and see if that helps. Otherwise, I won't repurchase.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve just started using it a few weeks back with no redness, morning or night. I mix with with my moisturizer.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.