Honored Contributor

Trying New Beauty Items

[ Edited ]

I'm trying a few new items for my face and hair. Both are becoming much too dry.

Hair: this weather is killing my do!!!  I'm sure I'm not the only one these days either. I was using John Freida otc for color & a frizz control afterwards while still wet. Been using these for awhile now and they are great for color but I'm done. I stopped into my salon and bought Aveda Smooth-Infusion shampoo, cond, and frizz control (baby blue bottle, I believe this may be relatively new). WOW as you can imagine what a diff BETTER products make. What's really great is that all 3 are very concentrated so it takes but a dime size to use. LOVE these products, highly recommend.

@lolakimono  You had noted a few new Aveeno products you were trying. I bought all 3 you mentioned on amazon. Love 2 returned the cc cream. I use the spf moisturizer every day now, it's so easy to grab and use - put it on just prior to dog walk.

And can I tell you how much I've fallen in love with the fade/erase dark & age spot cream? I tried it on 2 places, one on my face and one on my decolltege. The one on my chest is almost totally gone, face has faded. I don't use it every day, a product like this makes me feel okay to not use it every day (make sense??). Anyway, I will do my best to not be without. Thanks for your tips!

I've also been using It byebye undereye in the medium tone now which is so much a better color for me. Found it for less in brand new tubes on amazon, expecting more in a few days.

Jergens has a great exfoliating body scrub out that I found on amazon with great reviews. Soft & smooth afterwards is all I'm saying! Works especially good if you faux tan.

Facial cleanser: Oh my goodness, almost forgot my best find. I bought actually CVS brand called beauty 360 Micellar wash. I bought 2, this and one to more remove waterproof mascara. I've not needed to try that one yet however the first one noted easily removes all makeup and brow product. I use large size oval cotton remover pads (3 works totally and perfectly clean for me). LOVE this Micellar, very gentle and not at all drying.

I'll stick with all of these. I like them all, they work. Try that Micellar ladies and see what you think.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, @PINKdogWOOD.  Can you please tell what brand is the fade/erase dark spot product?  As I get older notice every small thing now leaves a mark on my face.  Suffered a mishap with a new foundation and am finding the red marks are not disappearing.

Honored Contributor

@aggravated  You betcha - this is called Aveeno Positively Radiance tageted tone corrector with vitamin A. I bought mine at amazon with the other 2 Aveeno Positively Radiance products I talked about. The one is a moisturizer with spf and the other one I returned because I just didn't like it. It was a Pos Rad cc cream. That one I returned.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Trying New Beauty Items

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD

Did you ever find the Aveeno Tone Corrector in a store?  How do you use it, dot it on spots or rub in your face/chest all over?  Thanks!

also, what kind of hair do you have, that Aveda sounds interesting, but I have fine thin hair

Honored Contributor

@AnnMarie-1  I bought all 3 of these noted aveeno products on amazon. I'm a prime member, been shopping there for years and within the last 1-2 yrs I've been getting many of the facial beauty makeup products I use there too and have no problem doing that there.

I did look for these 2 items that I kept in cvs and walgreens and found these and other aveeno radiance products at both places. If you go take time to look at what they offer, read labels to find out what they can do for you. I'm really pleased with these so far and will continue using both.

PS - the micellar as a new facial cleanser I recommedn too. I love the one I found at cvs.

Honored Contributor

@AnnMarie-1  My hair - funny thing, I always thought my hair felt fine & thin. My stylist consistantly tells me it's thick. Now I will tell you it's thicker for sure due to a collagen supplement I've been taking for maybe 2 yrs now. I can tell my hair and nails are way better due to that.

I've always colored it and will be doing so at my salon. They only use and sell Aveda products and have a few different types of shampoos/conditioners. This one I noted is what my stylist suggested esp'ly for moisture & humidity/frizzies.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  It would be nice if you could find an Aveda salon in your area.  If you go to Aveda.com you can find what is available.  I recently went back to an Aveda salon and I love the massage I receive when they apply the conditioner.  Aveda has some very good products.  Oh, my stylist cut my hair great and styled it beautifully as well.  I finally lucked out.

kindness is strength