Regular Contributor

Trophy Microdermabrasion system- too small?

Hi Beautiful Friends!

I have been considering the Trophy Skin Microderm System for a very long time, but the mixed reviews keep me from buying it.

One thing that i have not heard about is the size of the tip. It seems much too small.  I watch as the models go across their face and miss parts of it seemingly due to the size. If the tip were larger, they would not miss parts leaving patches of untreated skin.

Thoughts?

Respected Contributor

Re: Trophy Microdermabrasion system- too small?

I have the machine, I don't think the tip is too small. I find the on air demos of this not that good.  They keep doing it too many times.  It's hard for them to concentrate while posing for the camera.  You don't want a huge tip on your face because you've got contours to get into and across, and if it was bigger it wouldn't manage those areas well at all. LIke your nostril area, for example.  And around the eyes.  Trust me it's just fine.

Honored Contributor

Is this the tool I saw demonstrated where the model literally "cut" off the top layer of her skin?  That gave me the absolute creeps.  I'll stick to the gritty stuff.  

Regular Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I have the machine, I don't think the tip is too small. I find the on air demos of this not that good.  They keep doing it too many times.  It's hard for them to concentrate while posing for the camera.  You don't want a huge tip on your face because you've got contours to get into and across, and if it was bigger it wouldn't manage those areas well at all. LIke your nostril area, for example.  And around the eyes.  Trust me it's just fine.

That makes sense about the nose and eye areas...

What results have you seen ?

Regular Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Is this the tool I saw demonstrated where the model literally "cut" off the top layer of her skin?  That gave me the absolute creeps.  I'll stick to the gritty stuff.  

Nooo! Seriously?! I did not see that!

Respected Contributor

I’ve had very good results with the machine. It’s very easy to use and it doesn’t upset my sensitive areas when used on sensitive setting, it’s helped me stay exfoliated to the point I hardly need any other mask. Skin is smoother and softer.

Super Contributor

@Merciful One wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Nooo! Seriously?! I did not see that!

I think you may be confusing the Microdermabrasion machine with the Dermaflash device.  They are NOT the same thing.  The Dermaflash uses a blade and the Microdermabrasion does not.  I have the Trophy Skin Microdermabrasion machine, which I like very much.  I don't think the tip is too small.  You wouldn't want it too big so that you it can get into the contours of your face.  

Valued Contributor

I really love the system.  The smaller tip is perfect for the face, so I feel like I have more control and can treat the tighter areas around the eyes and nose.  I purchased a larger tip for the neck and chest areas however.  I am very happy with the results (I use it twice per week).  My skin definitely looks better and feels much smoother.  I say go for it.  You can always send it back if you don't like using it.  

Honored Contributor

This is the one I had (and returned) that is no longer available:

A275326
MicrodermMD by Trophy Skin Microdermabrasi Body & Face Kit

It looks like the same product - or close to it.  The reviews are still up if you want to check it out.

I didn't find the tip too small.  Reason for returning:   My experience with microdermabrasions are the ones you get at a doctors office, so I was disappointed in the results from this product.  Had I not experienced the "real" ones at the doctor's office, then maybe I would have been more pleased with the product.