Regular Contributor

Trish Mcevoy Products

[ Edited ]

Anyone still using Trish Mcevoy?  Anyone get a recent planner or planner collection?   

Honored Contributor

@gotpaw wrote:

Anyone still using Trish Mcevoy?  Anyone get a recent planner or planner collection?   

@gotpaw   Oooh! Forgot to mention....25% off SITEWIDE!!!! Yes, I do use some Trish products. No new planners. Use my lg. black one.

Valued Contributor
I’m in the market for a buildable stick foundation, was hoping to be able to swatch but the local stores that carry the line are closed. Might take a chance anyway. FYI if you look on the TM insta they sometimes will post the “look” from one the most recent planner. I always find the looks are so pretty and classic.
Honored Contributor

I got the pink one recently.  I think her vitamin c cream is the best thing going!  Also love her lip pencils and the tube mascara. 

Super Contributor

I love her Eye Base and was very happy to hear about the discount. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Trish Mcevoy Products

[ Edited ]

Trish lost her mind several years ago raising her prices sky high.  I did purchase a few of her products until she went crazy.  It reminds me of how the prices of haircuts has gone up to $65 and up.  Is the stylist worth $65 and up?  No.  But, that is the going price.  So goes cosmetics.  $85 for foundation?  Is it made of gold?  No.  But the brand is saying, "I am special" pay this price.   lol

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Trish Mcevoy Products

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

Trish lost her mind several years ago raising her prices sky high.  I did purchase a few of her products until she went crazy.  It reminds me of how the prices of haircuts has gone up to $65 and up.  Is the stylist worth $65 and up?  No.  But, that is the going price.  So goes cosmetics.  $85 for foundation?  Is it made of gold?  No.  But the brand is saying, "I am special" pay this price.   lol

@Katcat1   I agree, but if my stylist offered 25% off haircuts, I'd be in line for an appt. That's how I feel about Trish. There are a few products that I enjoy, but full price, I can find dupes that are OK. At 25% off SITEWIDE, I'll pick up the real deal. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1   I agree, but if my stylist offered 25% off haircuts, I'd be in line for an appt. That's how I feel about Trish. There are a few products that I enjoy, but full price, I can find dupes that are OK. At 25% off SITEWIDE, I'll pick up the real deal. 

@Shanus @Katcat1 

I think the Trish McEvoy has a LOT of money or a different profile than a lot of makeup shoppers.  I know I am not the norm.

I used to buy a lot of things, they wouldn't work or would be discontinued. . . and on to something else.

WHen I found her line, what 30 years ago?, it worked great for me, and I have bought little else since.  And little makeup.  Her look is basically a very natural look, and works perfectly for my coloring and life, so I don't need much.

I do like one Bobbi Brown foundation, and have a few lipsticks from other brands, and use very little skin care because I break out from everything!

The Vit. C cream she makes is a miracle worker for--about 2 times a week! 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  The TM I use are Flawless Lip (great for feathering), Liquid Face Color and Lip Perfector Cond. Balm. I also have collected many shadows from many planners. The Eye Base is too dark for me. I can do the "triangle of light" w/ my NARS Radiant Concealer. I agree that her look is very natural and expensive. Comparing her cost w/ newer lines out now like Tilbury, Tom Ford and even BB, her prices are not that much more. Sure a planner for $250 is a lot to spend, but there's usually $400 of product inside. If you don't need those particular products, then it's a pass. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I get a new planner every other year--sometimes every year.  It lasts me a long long time now! 

I have 2 Tillbury lipsticks, and a Guerlain that is my all time favorite go-to color when I want color--Tillbury aren't really color!  Ha ha!