Frequent Contributor

Has anyone used her products?  I see she has a line of skincare but I can't find where it is made - I have very sensitive, reaction skin and use Vanicream but want something a little more moisturizing I was thinking of trying Kieh's Ultra Moisturing cream.  Does anyone have experience with either.  I am 65 with extremely sensitive skin with mild roscesa.  Thank you  I use Jane Iredale makeup but Trish mcEvoy's planners look interesting but I'm concerned about the quality/ingredients.  Sorry for the two questions in one post.

Esteemed Contributor

@mollybrownmom wrote:

Has anyone used her products?  I see she has a line of skincare but I can't find where it is made - I have very sensitive, reaction skin and use Vanicream but want something a little more moisturizing I was thinking of trying Kieh's Ultra Moisturing cream.  Does anyone have experience with either.  I am 65 with extremely sensitive skin with mild roscesa.  Thank you  I use Jane Iredale makeup but Trish mcEvoy's planners look interesting but I'm concerned about the quality/ingredients.  Sorry for the two questions in one post.

@mollybrownmom  I didn't know she has a line of skin care.  Thanks for that info.  I do use her liquid foundation and I find it fabulous!  Been purchasing it for quite some time.  It's light and covers well.  I also purchase her Beauty Balm.   I like that, but I only use it for weekend use because it's so expensive, 85 dollars.  Makes your face look very natural like you're not wearing makeup.  It's good enough to slap on your face and go out do your weekend errands.  As for her planners, I've never purchased them.  I only keep coming back for her liquid foundation.  It's well worth the 65 dollars spent.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy

[ Edited ]

I highly recommend that you try samples at a Trish counter before you buy. I was also intrigued by her makeup, so I visited her counter at a local Nordstroms.  I ended up buying her gel eyeliner which seemed terrific... until I put it on at home.  Yow! My eyes became irriated and inflamed.  Not kidding.  I couldn't get it off quickly enough.  When I went back to return it, the saleswoman said that I wasn't the first person to return the product after having that awful reaction. Interesting. 

They also gave me a sample of her Beauty Balm and Beauty Booster serum.  I don't have sensitive skin, but I almost instantly had a bad reaction to the Beauty Balm. The serum seemed fine.  I have no idea what ingredients she uses that my skin doesn't like, but ... I'm sure glad I only tried samples. 

Respected Contributor

Try beautypedia.com and  read Paula's reviews. She usually states what is good for sensitive skin. As for TM's products I think they are not worth the price. Nothing really stands out. There are much better products out there.

Super Contributor

I have been a trishette for years and love her products. She will be on HSN today and tomorrow and i always learn something when i watch her.  Watch if you can, highly recommend

Honored Contributor

I have not used her skincare, but I do like her makeup line,although it is very pricey. I love her eye base!!!!!! I tend to not order too much from her line as it is pricey, unless I get a good coupon and then I buy from her site, where she offers a lot of freebies and free shipping!!!! 

Honored Contributor

If you like to buy a lot of makeup, you won't enjoy her line unless you have a LOT of money! If you like a simple set of makeup items that work and look natural and don't take up much space you will be in heaven with her makeup.

The quality is excellent, they last a long time, and they are expensive by the piece.  Her line cured me of buying tons of stuff that doesn't work, hating to throw it away, and having to find a place to put all this stuff.

With a few of her products and a planner you can be out the door and look great in five minutes; take off for a spur of the moment trip; or throw it in a bag you are taking to work if you have an important event or dinner that day.

If you like lots and lots of stuff to play with, I'd say try another line.  Her products have been good for my veriy sensitive and pretty fair skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used several of Trish's products a la carte, never having purchased her Book. The reason I haven't tried her Book is simply b/c I refuse to pay her price w/o her including some foundation in it.

I've tried her Eye Base: liked how it covered the eye lid, but it was drying and my eyelids itched after a while. I'm looking for another one now that suits me better. I've used her big seller, the liquid blush. It's nice and does give a glow, however, it is not pink but a tad orangey on my cool skin. I also tried her smokey eye kit, and was most unhappy with this and returned. The eyeliner gel moved all over the top and bottom of my eyes. No go there.

I do better with Bobbi Brown and others. I think she's way over priced. I like the naturalness and softness of her colors, but they can be found other places. I watch her for some good tips she has and apply Touche E'Clate for her Eye Lift.

Valued Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy

[ Edited ]

I agree with some of the other ladies -- TM's products are way over priced and nothing really special.  I would not invest in her skincare -- so many better lines to choose from -- SkinMedica, Estée Laude, Dr. Gross, and Dr. Denese come to mind.  Good luck!

i also had a skin reaction to her products -- just not for my somewhat sensitive skin....

Honored Contributor

I used to use several of her cosmetic products. They were fine, but I moved on long ago. I don't think I would use her skin care; I think of her as primarily a cosmetic company. For skincare, I prefer companies that specialize or are more known for their skin care expertise.

As an aside, I happen to catch a few minutes of her today. I found her difficult to watch or listen to.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland