Honored Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy triangle of light dupe?

On 7/9/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 7/9/2014 Andreatoo said:

The dupe someone mentioned was a Bare Minerals product. If I recall correctly it even had triangle in the name...obviously not a drugstore brand but a dupe for the McEvoy nonetheless.

But I wanted to try it too so I'm glad you started this thread..

Bare Minerals doesn't have anything with Triangle in the name, but I think you mean Stroke of Light. (So Light is a word they have in common!) It has a wand applicator instead of a brush, but it does the same thing. You can use it alone or with the Well Rested pen, which has a pearl (not sparkles) in it and adds illumination. I use the Well Rested pen as a subtle highlighter. I consider both to be my Must Have items.

Thanks for the clarification. I just knew the name of the product made it obvious that it was something similar in effect. I think I'll try that one. Call me crazy but I have an aversion to Cover Girl, Maybelline, Revlon, etc...and it's not like I don't use economy cosmetics, you'll find Milani, Nyx, Elf and Ulta on my bathroom counter (and in the cabinets and under the sink) but for some reason....

Valued Contributor

I have used Neutrogena's Eye Brightener and it is excellent for the "triangle of light" technique. I picked up an IT double ended ByeBye Under Eye/Highlighter at Ulta the other day. Oh my goodness! The eye brightener is amazing and does the "triangle of light" perfectly and it does not crease or fade all day. I have always liked ByeBye Under Eye, so it was a win purchase for sure.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Using your regular concealer and any brightening (non glitter product) like St. Laurent's Touche Eclat or Bare Minerals Stroke of Light, a good concealer brush and your fingers you can create the perfect Triangle of Light for yourself.

Super Contributor

I first tried this technique first using Touche Eclat No. 2 and liked it very much. However, I have since been using Bobbi Brown's Undereye Brightner, and that is so much better for me. It makes a huge difference and is now a must for me. I should mention that I am very light - BB Warm Ivory - so I use the Undereye Brightner in Porcelain Bisque.

Super Contributor

I vote for Boots

Occasional Contributor

Hi Pat!

HARD CANDY (sold at Walmart) makes a great dupe.....It's called ""high lite"". I love this stuff. It's just as good as the T.M. and it's only $7.00. I highly recommend!

Mary

Esteemed Contributor

I find I do like a highlighter better for the triangle of light as opposed to a concealer but it is about the technique. I just find the technique works better when I use a true highlighter instead of a traditional concealer, everyone is different though. First off I don't need a ton of coverage and a concealer is a little too thick on me when I use this tecinique. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer is the thickest I like to go when using the triangle technique. I like LOreal MagicLumi Highlighter. Maybelline makes a highlighter (and the age rewind) and so do many drug store brands. I think Mary Kay and Avon do as well. E.L.F. has a highlighter concealer duo that is pretty great for $3. Again, I don't have dark circles or any capillaries to cover though.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK