Regular Contributor

Trish McEvoy on HSN..HARD SELL!!!

I know Trish McEvoy products are high end.Her 'special" on HSN has a retail value of $690. SERIOUSLY?? She was obnoxious on camera, shouting out orders to the camera men, the host & even the models. It was so totally embarassing & she made herself look like a big DIVA. I wouldn't buy from her for the way she behaved on that show. Shame on her!

Honored Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy on HSN..HARD SELL!!!

@Novemberbaby.    I need to catch the 10 pm CST show.  Her prices are ridiculous.  It's makeup not gold.  At one point she was wearing the off the shoulders blouse every time she was on.  She probably is no fun to work for.

Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Novemberbaby wrote:

I know Trish McEvoy products are high end.Her 'special" on HSN has a retail value of $690. SERIOUSLY?? She was obnoxious on camera, shouting out orders to the camera men, the host & even the models. It was so totally embarassing & she made herself look like a big DIVA. I wouldn't buy from her for the way she behaved on that show. Shame on her!

Actually when you piece it out, it's like under 13 bucks an item, and that's counting the pallets as a whole rather than each item in the pallet.   And individually it probably would have that retail value for all those pieces,  each individual shadow and bronzer, powder, etc., the brushes and the makeup bag.   I do agree with you that she is very hard to watch, but I don't think she gives orders or direction more than anybody else in her position does.  It's her extremely abrasive delivery that leaves a lot to be desired and really magnifies it IMO.

Frequent Contributor

Meow! Wow, mean ladies. Really, 'shame on you"? Fyi....Trish always wears off the shoulder tops. 

P.S. I'm ot a Trish or HSN fan.

Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying Melissa McCarthy

Frequent Contributor

Trish certainly is a DIVA....however, my take is that the Diva of all Diva's on any shopping channel is Miss Diane Gilman.....

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought several of Trish's product and wasn't impressed. The Eye Base was a rip off for the amount of product in it, although it didn't matter to me b/c it didn't lay nicely and caused itching. Her cheek blush was nothing extraordinary. And her gel pencils & shadow moved all over and around my eyes.
I watch her once in a while to see how she applies makeup, and she's okay but nothing exceptional to me. Certainly not worth the money she asks. And her brushes free? Come on.
It's unheard of she would offer her book with NO foundation. Now that's someone who isn't giving much away.
I couldn't believe the "hard sell" Shannon was doing. She's unbelievable the way she tries to sell.

Super Contributor

I unfortunately bought some Trish McEvoy after getting a makeover when my daughter and I were in NYC. In my opinion she is WAY overpriced for what you get. I do appreciate her tutorials though and found some very inexpensive dupes and just used them as she presented her own items and viola...I achived the same look for less than half the price.

Super Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I've bought several of Trish's product and wasn't impressed. The Eye Base was a rip off for the amount of product in it, although it didn't matter to me b/c it didn't lay nicely and caused itching. Her cheek blush was nothing extraordinary. And her gel pencils & shadow moved all over and around my eyes.
I watch her once in a while to see how she applies makeup, and she's okay but nothing exceptional to me. Certainly not worth the money she asks. And her brushes free? Come on.
It's unheard of she would offer her book with NO foundation. Now that's someone who isn't giving much away.
I couldn't believe the "hard sell" Shannon was doing. She's unbelievable the way she tries to sell.

I totally agree with you! 👍

Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not have any TMcE makeup. It does seem very expensive.

I can't put my finger on it, but I just do not care for her "after" looks. And all I can think of w/ that triangle of light is Bill O'Reilly, who had undereye applied that way.