Trusted Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy Today's Special 4/28/2016

I am no spring chicken, but I have been watching her demo for the eyes for a while now.

I have red capillary's now gracing my eyelids. Will this "triangle of light" help? I know her products are uber expensive and I cannot justify her prices as I do not wear makeup every day.

This TSV has the lid and under eye stuff. Worth it? Does it really work for coverage?

If anyone uses her eyebrow pencil her duo is half priced. $28.50 for 2 pencils, also sold as one pencil for $28.50, so that is a deal.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@segrl21 thank you, you just answered my question. You did not like it?

I wish she would use older models like Dimitri does. She brings in her own models. Can't judge by hers, because she has application perfected on them. And they have no crepey eyelids nor any wrinkles.

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't say all of Trish's models are young with good skin.  The lady she started the midnight show with (and she's on all of Trish's shows) is older and definately has skin issues -  crepey skin, wrinkles, discoloration.   The eye base and triangle were really effective on her.  Her friend Jerri who is also in the shows is older too, and definitely has sun damage.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I've been a LONG time user of TM and I can't figure out WHY she would offer THIS set as her TTV... I just can't. Are her sales down that they're trying to pull in more people for the TTV?

I've purchased every one of her TTV's since she joined HSN and have loved all of them.... until now.

I just don't get it.

@SahmIam - I think it's Trish & her arrogrance. She prob doesn't feel the need to offer us a special deal. Maybe her b&m sales are strong enough, so why offer us something special at hsn.

I like her commitment to quality & she seems very meticulous about what she offers. But there is something I've always sensed from her, an air of detachment and arrogance.

I've met her three times over the years and she is very very nice, maybe a little distant but that doesn't bother me at all.  We aren't BFF's.  I agree she seems to be very particular about her products.  I have used them many many years, and 90 percent are wonderful.

Got the tinted moisturizer in shade 1, the special (I use and LOVE those so I was happy about that), the mascaras that I love in the 2 for, and the standard eye pencil, which I also love!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love her products but this time there will be no ordering because I don't care for the choice of the ttv either.  I can't even count the tubes of triangle of light and the eye base I already have.  Wasn't going to get the new moisturizer, but after seeing the video on it and that new brush, I did decide to order that.  That would be good to use on the weekends as a light foundation to run and do errands and the brush looked nice also.  While it's on sale and free shipping why not.  Ordered it in Shade 2 medium.

Honored Contributor

The Tinted Moisturizer is great but the lightest shade on me (NW10) was orange. Even the TM salesperson went "WHOA" when she applied it on my face.

Pale people, this product is too dark for us : (

Honored Contributor

One would go through that eye base and triangle of light in one to two week's period of time if one used as much of the product as Trish does, LOL.

She really puts on the eye base--too much.  It would deplete too quickly.

I may try the T.S.  I love a good eye base, and I want the tol.  It's not the best value, but it's worth a try.  

Trish is a very attractive woman and obviously very skilled.  I just think she uses too much product and the average person would be buying these every month if they used as much as she does.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree.  I am fair skinned and I think I can get the same results from the Eye Lift using about 1/3 of the product.

I formerly had the Eye Base on autoship at a price of $27.00.  I REALLY liked it, but felt that there wasn't a lot of product in the tube for the price charged.  So I cancelled my autoship and started using up my Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow as my base.  My primary goal these days is to get the stash down to zero. 

I'm getting this kit, however, because I like Trish's products and I'd like to try the Eye Lift.  I also know, from recent experimentation, that I can use Isomers All In One serum to extend the life of my mascara (two drops) or cream in tube eye shadows (one drop). 

Just this month I opened up the Beauty Balm, SPF35, and started using it as my foundation.  It doesn't have a lot of coverage and is a little dewier finish than I like, so I put Skinn Orchid Gel over top. 

Regular Contributor

HSN has her beauty emergency card eye shadows for eighteen dollars, with no shipping.  Even two payments, if you want!

Valued Contributor

I love those cards.  Great for travel, and the pans last a long time.  

Theres also a planner page with perfect face brush, blush, bronzer and translucent powder for the price of the brush.