Super Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy Today's Special 4/28/2016

I thought it was a planner this year?  Anyone know for sure?

Super Contributor

I got an email from Trish McEvoy and it says it's an eye base essentials, instant eye lift and triangle of light mask - the one in a packet.  $38.50 so I'm guessing it's only one mask.  Easy pass for me since I have the base and lift already.

Occasional Contributor

Thank u, the 2 foundational eye products r what I've been waiting for! Makeup planner not my cup of tea.
Honored Contributor

@Dal1 wrote:

I got an email from Trish McEvoy and it says it's an eye base essentials, instant eye lift and triangle of light mask - the one in a packet.  $38.50 so I'm guessing it's only one mask.  Easy pass for me since I have the base and lift already.

That's it?! What a craptastic TSV, especially considering what she has offered in the past. HUGE pass for me and yeah, I'm disappointed.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Dal1 wrote:

That's it?! What a craptastic TSV, especially considering what she has offered in the past. HUGE pass for me and yeah, I'm disappointed.

Yep, the TTV is a disappointment. Her price points are high and value is lower than in the past for TTV's. There are some great dupes at lower price points to create the triangle of light.

I think the only benefit to buy Trish at HSN is for flex pay and free shipping (but Nordstrom offers free s&h everyday). 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I've been a LONG time user of TM and I can't figure out WHY she would offer THIS set as her TTV... I just can't. Are her sales down that they're trying to pull in more people for the TTV?

I've purchased every one of her TTV's since she joined HSN and have loved all of them.... until now.

I just don't get it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I've been a LONG time user of TM and I can't figure out WHY she would offer THIS set as her TTV... I just can't. Are her sales down that they're trying to pull in more people for the TTV?

I've purchased every one of her TTV's since she joined HSN and have loved all of them.... until now.

I just don't get it.

@SahmIam - I think it's Trish & her arrogrance. She prob doesn't feel the need to offer us a special deal. Maybe her b&m sales are strong enough, so why offer us something special at hsn.

I like her commitment to quality & she seems very meticulous about what she offers. But there is something I've always sensed from her, an air of detachment and arrogance.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I have only good things to say about her (though she may be what you say). The one time I met her was almost 20 years ago when she did my makeup (no underlings for her, lol) and she was so nice, so easygoing... just a great person.

Time can change people and maybe the amount of $$$$ she pulls in now from HSN (because let's be real.... she makes multiple MILLIONS in an hour or so compared to weeks in a B&M store) has made her act differently. Shame if true.

Honored Contributor

@Dal1 wrote:

I actually bought that same kit a time or 2 ago! Same price! and it wasn't a TS!

Are you sure??

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree it does seem an odd TS.  Unless she's trying a lower price point.  Could be her previous TS planners didn't sell well enough for her/HSN.  

But for me it's an easy pass this year.  Shame as I was looking forward to getting a new planner.  Smiley Sad