Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy Today's Special 4/28/2016

I have purchased all of TM's TS'es.  I think it will be an Azure makeup planner to go with the Azure brush kit that is included on the rosters.  I hope!

Super Contributor

I have wondered some of the same things you ladies have discussed, here. Are Trish's sales down, trying to bring in new customers, lowering price points by offering smaller configurations of her products. Her prices increased by at least .$50 on everything and her free gifts with purchase seem to be less generous. I noticed that not long ago when I ordered from her website. There are always planners on her Nordstrom page, blue mercury and her website. Hopefully she will have something really good for the Nordstrom anniversary sale. On her TM website, free gifts are offerd with a $100 purchase. I have learned a lot from her and feel much more confident in my makeup application and skills. From what I have read, she has has to work incredibly hard to get where she is. I think she and her sister lived with their Grandmother in Germany until Trish was about 5 years old, as their mother could not support them. Even after they went to live with their mother they did not have much, but Trish always admired her Mom taking the time to look nice and apply her make up with what she had. After graduating from high school, Trish went to Cosemotology school, so I guess make up was to be her destiny. 

Frequent Contributor

That set is up for sale now on HSN so I'm not sure it's going to be the TS.  

Valued Contributor

@ElsieKitten wrote:

HSN always has their TS's up a few hours before midnight. I received an email today and the TS is the 3 pc Eye Opener for $38.50. 

I'm thinking the kit is the same price as the Instant Eye lift and the other 2 products are free.....

It would have been nice if they added a lay down brush or another brush as part of it and increased the price to fit.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jayjay wrote:

@ElsieKitten wrote:

HSN always has their TS's up a few hours before midnight. I received an email today and the TS is the 3 pc Eye Opener for $38.50. 

I'm thinking the kit is the same price as the Instant Eye lift and the other 2 products are free.....

It would have been nice if they added a lay down brush or another brush as part of it and increased the price to fit.

Wow, that's really what the TS is?  I've never tried Trish McEvoy but have been curious about the brand.  This trio does not appeal to me at all.  I don't like the way the eyes of the models look in the after photos.  It looks like someone applied a too-light concealor around their eyes.

I think that I will stick with being curious about the brand...maybe a little less so after seeing this trio...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, I see the 3p eye kit is up. Only 1 set of eye masks seems chintzy for a TS.

Guess they are counting on selling the 'triangle of light' products/concept to brand new customers to the line. It's a pass for me.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
New Contributor

I just can't believe that small eye kit is Trish's big TS for the year!  Maybe she'll surprise us. 

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Yes, I see the 3p eye kit is up. Only 1 set of eye masks seems chintzy for a TS.

Guess they are counting on selling the 'triangle of light' products/concept to brand new customers to the line. It's a pass for me.

I'm not crazy about the Instant Eye Lift....I do use the eye base.  An 8 pack (2 pads per pack) sells for $68.00 so the TS contains one (2 pads) which has a $8.50 value.

I'd buy the TS if it had different product instead of the eye lift product.

I'm considering adding to my brush collection since there is a $5.00 off beauty coupon.

Valued Contributor

Oh, that's sooo disappointing.  I was hoping for a planner with a brush or two.  I'll still watch, because I usually pick up a few tips from Trish's shows.  

Valued Contributor

The triangle of light trick, may look good on young women but not older women. Have eye bags, and the triangle of light would make them look like I was packing bags for 50 people instead of one. Her trick is ok if you have a smooth & bag free undereye area.