Honored Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy Anniversary

Trish was on again last night on one of Beauty Shows for about 10 minutes. Obviously the small black planner had not sold out which had been warned the night before. The lip balm ($32....what?) and lip crayon set were also still available. I'm sure other products are still online. 

Trish also finally changed out of the white sweater (she wore it during all shows the day before) into a black top. I noticed that since she's usually in those signature off the shoulder blouses or at least in different tops. I assumed a story of lost luggage...guess not.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Roni18  The only foundation she offers now is the one currently packaged with the brush (also sold seperately). Her BB cream could be used as a foundation. Wait, she has the Real Skin one that you shake. I used to use that and LOVED it but she got rid of my shade years ago so.... yeah.

Her mineral makeup is used mainly as a finishing powder and I've heard is being phased out.....

She still has not introduced a foundation or tinted moisturizer light enough for me, so I stay with my Bobbi Brown. I like her shadows, bronzer, blushes & blurring powder. I also use her gel liner. I find her Eye Essentials (top lid) quite drying and stayed with my Laura Mercier.

Triangle of Light, no matter how much eye cream applied underneath, creeped into fine lines and looked aging. The same effect can be achieved w/ my NARS Radient Creamy Concealer.

As I've said before, I only use drugstore mascara and toss it out after 3 months...too frugal to pay her mascara prices. Basically, I customize her planners to suit my needs....her products mixed with my products.

I couldn't wear her Eye Base cream. It was so drying and I had to remove it b/c it made my eye lid itch. Her cheek blush disappears almost before you get out the door. And her gel eyeliner! I never saw anything move all around the eye. Returned her Smokey Eye kit.

Somebody should have told Trish what an anniversary celebration was all about.

And her models! Except for the one mature lady, all of the rest are models very young and with almost perfect skin. When she shows the side by side pictures, the models actually looked better before than after.

Also, I think Trish is a lazy make-up artist who doesn't appear like she enjoys it at all. I've purchased all I will be purchasing from her.

@febe1  So we're in agreement about some products work for us and others do not. As I said I use only some of her products, depot my others & stick to her magnetic pages & customize her planner to suit my needs. I object to the models coming out wearing foundation and then in a 30 second demo of eye and lip...voila!!! Not fooling me. "8 steps to perfection" maybe, but only after serum, moisturizer, SPF, eye cream and maybe a primer before foundation. ITA, most 25 yr. olds can get out the door w/ a swipe of mascara & lip gloss. 

On the contrary, I don't think Trish is a lazy makeup artist. She's developed a simple makeup system (her products or yours) that can actually be completed in the 8 steps outlined in her new book or at counter years ago when I had my makeup done. Her brushes are expensive...I use some of hers and plug in my BB brushes where needed. I will stick by the planner system because I prefer my makeup organized that way so I see what I have and cuts down on clutter and additional makeup not needed. 8 steps means 8 products plus skincare. That works for me. 

@Shanus, I would have tried one of her planners except she never includes any foundation in them for the high price of the planner. I would have tried her foundation except I thought $85. was a little high after buying the planner.

I understand her name brings high prices. I was interested enough to try what I wanted, but some things I will not pay for the name.  

Valued Contributor

I ordered the foundation with the brush and the 40 dollars kit.I have already her foundation and it is very good.I am very glad to hear she is not selling her company yet.Mally and IT have now some products made in China.

The same thing happened to Tarte and Smashbox.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I don't think Trish understands what happens at a anniversary show. I expected "deals."

I noticed her water foundation was $69. while Becca's water foundation is $39. with brush.

Trish doesn't know how to say thank you to her customers.

I think she doesn't expect them to buy tons of products like a lot of lines that have lots of different things they push. Her buyers use the basics and don't have drawers full.  It's just a different approach to skincare and makeup

Honored Contributor

SahmIam wrote:

WenGirl42 wrote:

I disagree with the comments of other posters about the purpose of an anniversary show and how vendors should show their appreciation to their customers.  Personally, when vendors offer discounts and markdowns (especially in a predictable way like that), I get annoyed, because that just confirms how marked-up their product is in the first place.  If you can afford to sell it at the lower price, then do it, without the games.

Part of the reason some people buy lines like Trish's is the prestige and the "high-end" factor.  That gets lost when items are discounted.  And the people who aren't swayed by that but buy it in spite of the cost, because it's what works best for them, have already shown that they will do so at the higher price as well. 

Agree 100% with you. I'll buy them no matter the cost because they work. If she offers a discount, hey, even better but I don't expect it. No one should, to be honest. She routinely offers discounts AND free gifts on her site; again, those that use her products know this, so....yeah.

aren't swayed by that but buy it in spite of the cost, because it's what works best f

Once in a while Nordstrom (online) has Trish's products discounted.  My favorite is her "triangle of light."  I also have two of her foundations I like a lot.  Her BB cream is a little too dark on me, but I'll use what I have and not buy more.