Valued Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy Anniversary

I was disappointed that her bb wasn't offered for $39 like it has been in the past. That's my go to for my no makeup days.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think Trish understands what happens at a anniversary show. I expected "deals."

I noticed her water foundation was $69. while Becca's water foundation is $39. with brush.

Trish doesn't know how to say thank you to her customers.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1, I thought there were two good ones - the foundation and dual ended brush for $60 was a great deal (basically you get a $60 brush for free - I don't use the Becca foundation  so I don't know if it's comparable), plus there was a 20% off coupon code yesterday so the set came to $48. That double ended brush is really nice, I have one and it's worth it, her brushes last forever (I have some that are over 10 yrs old). the jumbo set of eye base and eye lift was also good, you basically got a jumbo eye base for free. Trisha's line is premium and isn't discounted at counter, HSN is really the only place I've seen deals on TM.

Honored Contributor

I was looking forward to the Trish 5th Anniversary visit and was quite disappointed. The first show was a pre-recorded show from her last visit trying to "unload" the rest of the blue denim planners. Could not believe that!!!

5Th Anniversary? Where's another plannner....or something worthy of the visit. I did grab a few products, but as the hosts kept repeating, they had very few products in inventory and had to scramble to have enough products for each show. The last show at 11PM last night only lasted 45 minutes....nothing left or new to sell.

Did HSN not have advanced notice that this was an anniversary appearance and advertised as such? No time to work with Trish to plan inventory and organize items to be sold for each show?

Trish has never worn the same outfit for all appearances...this time the same white cable sweater. Luggage lost during flight from NY or just entire visit last minute and not certainly not planned well?

Respected Contributor

I disagree with the comments of other posters about the purpose of an anniversary show and how vendors should show their appreciation to their customers.  Personally, when vendors offer discounts and markdowns (especially in a predictable way like that), I get annoyed, because that just confirms how marked-up their product is in the first place.  If you can afford to sell it at the lower price, then do it, without the games.

Part of the reason some people buy lines like Trish's is the prestige and the "high-end" factor.  That gets lost when items are discounted.  And the people who aren't swayed by that but buy it in spite of the cost, because it's what works best for them, have already shown that they will do so at the higher price as well. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Roni18  The only foundation she offers now is the one currently packaged with the brush (also sold seperately). Her BB cream could be used as a foundation. Wait, she has the Real Skin one that you shake. I used to use that and LOVED it but she got rid of my shade years ago so.... yeah.

Her mineral makeup is used mainly as a finishing powder and I've heard is being phased out.....

She still has not introduced a foundation or tinted moisturizer light enough for me, so I stay with my Bobbi Brown. I like her shadows, bronzer, blushes & blurring powder. I also use her gel liner. I find her Eye Essentials (top lid) quite drying and stayed with my Laura Mercier.

Triangle of Light, no matter how much eye cream applied underneath, creeped into fine lines and looked aging. The same effect can be achieved w/ my NARS Radient Creamy Concealer.

As I've said before, I only use drugstore mascara and toss it out after 3 months...too frugal to pay her mascara prices. Basically, I customize her planners to suit my needs....her products mixed with my products.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@SahmIamThank you for the information.

This might be a good deal ($40)

trish-mcevoy-quick-confidence-collection-d-2017080117571721~571908.jpg

@Roni18. I did try to purchase this but it sold out. They had very few in inventory. 

Honored Contributor

I did not find her prices to be deals.  She is so over priced and there is nothing that special to justify her pricing.  That being said, I do like her No. 9 fragrance.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I had a VERY interesting discussion with the Regional Rep as well as one of Trish's trainers after the Master Class (she's been with Trish since 1992). I asked her about the lack of light foundation shades and to summarize:

* Trish has a very tight profit margin.

* Trish is well aware that people want lighter and darker shades but overall, they do NOT sell enough to justify the cost of producing them. She has to justify and streamline all the products she makes when it comes to color. Her lipsticks are being introduced this fall. WHy did she pull them? Better ingredients and new technology. There are 8; I bought the palette to see how they are (lip palette). Very nice.

* Lauder has been itching to buy her out for years but so far, she's been able to refuse. However, that might not be the case in the next few years. She's working to prevent that from happening but time will tell.

We spent more than an hour going over so much stuff but that was one of the things I wanted to ask and find out. She does use HSN as her launching pad for new items and if they sell well, then they are soon sold at counters. Oh, Trish is paring down her visits and traveling in general. Look for Sam in the near future for events....there's a reason you haven't seen her on air for awhile. That's all they could tell me.

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

I disagree with the comments of other posters about the purpose of an anniversary show and how vendors should show their appreciation to their customers.  Personally, when vendors offer discounts and markdowns (especially in a predictable way like that), I get annoyed, because that just confirms how marked-up their product is in the first place.  If you can afford to sell it at the lower price, then do it, without the games.

Part of the reason some people buy lines like Trish's is the prestige and the "high-end" factor.  That gets lost when items are discounted.  And the people who aren't swayed by that but buy it in spite of the cost, because it's what works best for them, have already shown that they will do so at the higher price as well. 

@WenGirl42  I re-read you post a few times & am still confused. Please clarify. Do you mean Trish wearers are purchasing because it's a prestige brand and will purchase whether it's discounted or not & she knows that? She should sell her makeup at discount w/ no markup when no other makeup brands are willing to sell and break even? In your way of thinking, nothing would ever be reduced, go on sale, be on special, no TSV offered at one day prices or ODO prices and no GWP. Is that what you meant?