Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Right! I watched her tweaking the front area, no way compare doing. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity 

Sounds like you have a great stylist who knows you and your hair!

And you're a very generous person to show your appreciation in such a way! 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Oh please! I've been cutting my own hair for years! Trimming bangs? Easy! I don't understand why anyone would fret over such an a simple task! Before I needed all over color ( I now go to a salon), I would always totally cut my own hair. I wear it in a pixie with it spiky on top with highlights. I'd do my own highlights and cut my own hair. No one ever knew and when I'd get compliments and asked where I get it done I'd just say "I did it!" I saved myself a whole lotta money!!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Thank you! I am grateful finding her. She's the manager of three stores in the chain. If she ever moved would have travel to her. This is how much love my style. Yes, We have a mutual respect. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 

I assure you no fretting here. Everyone is different and what works for one might not be right choice for another. "Live and let live." This is what I try to do each day. God knows, i fail miserably, and work on doing better next time. Hair, is personal preference. No right or wrong choice. Take care! 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 

Well, lucky you, LOL!

I've always worn my hair long, bra length or waist and there's no way to trim it myself, LOL!

I grow it long for 'Locks of Love', who makes wigs for kids undergoing cancer treatments or have lost their hair from other medical issues (Alopecia, etc.).

Just yesterday I had 8 inches cut (it was waist length) to send to them and now I start all over again, LOL!

I never let mine get shorter than below my shoulders, I have a thin face and just don't look good with short hair.

I get a whole lotta joy from my donation!

I've even had a couple of kids who received a wig made from my hair send me pics and I teared up!, it was so heartwarming!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I have always believed you're special reading comments and your heartfelt desire helpings others. Not surprising reading above the gift of hair given to those who without such kindness would suffer more. 

Special, Indeed ♥️

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity 

What a sweet thing to say, I truly appreciate it!Heart

I've always felt that you have a very kind heart too!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Forgot mentioning animals. Admire your devotion. By the way...

Many years wore my hair pixie style after cutting off grow in my grey hair and never considered wearing differently until wanting longer. Now can't imagine wearing my hair short like you length suits my thin face and feel looks more becoming plus enjoy the playfulness. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@CherryHugs 

Yes, it is a good way to hide forehead lines  Cat LOL

I wore the long, straight, (think Cher) type bangs during my youth, but haven't been there in a long time.

My hair has thinned, too, so this is a good way to cover that area in front that shows gray hairs so quickly. 

Like I said, I'm tired of pinning my side hair back.  So annoying!

@Witchy Woman  I recall you saying that you have curly hair.  If you decide to cut bangs in, remember that taking off that weight is going to draw the curl up and you may end up with bangs that are too short.  My hair is curly, but not on the top......go figure.......however, my bangs are curly AND I have a cowlick.  I have to cut my bangs to compensate for that and the curl.  My sister is a barber and my hairdresser.  She has taught me how to cut my hair in a pinch because I am away from her for the whole winter Woman Sad.  My hair is well below my shoulders so it can be tricky to cut.  One thing about curly hair is it hides mistakes in a haircut better than straight hair.  

Good luck with your decision.  I have always had bangs. I think they make your eyes stand out.  I have held my hair back and I feel it makes me look like an old woman LOL. So would short hair on me.  I wonder why....I am only 66 years old Woman Wink  It would drive me nuts to have hair falling in my face all the time and forget about pinning it back.  I could only understand pinning it if you were growing it out....as a means to an end. 

Let us know what you decide.  (Willie says hi!)

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!