Honored Contributor

Trimmed my Bangs!

[ Edited ]

I have been afraid to trim my own bangs but after being tired of paying a high cost for this at a Salon, for a small trim of bangs decided to try it.

Following the tips on this link helped so much and did

the point cut and they turned out Great! Even better than some bangs trim I have had at the Salon Smiley Happy

Best tip is always start slow and take a tiny bit off, a little at a time lol Smiley Happy

https://www.thecut.com/article/how-to-cut-your-own-bangs.html

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs 

I need to make the leap to bangs.

For several years now, my stylist has been cutting a layer that is mean to go sideways, but all it does is fall in my face.

It's too short to sweep sideways, but too long for bangs.

I wore bangs in my youth, and they look good, but I've been reluctant to do them now that I'm older.

This may help.  I'm tired of pinning my hair back!

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

My hair appointment is this morning considering bangs....not sure and will discuss with my stylist....personally would never cut my own. Realize many have success with results achieved...I'm most to mess up. 😄

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman    I have had bangs for a long time and love them!  They hide things on forehead like a few bumps that I prefer to keep covered Smiley Happy  I hope you like them if you give it a try!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity   I would never cut bangs from my hair only trim them up a bit Smiley Happy  I would only trust a salon to cut the bangs when not having bangs to start with.  If you decide on bangs do hope you will like them!! I would not be without them lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs 

Yes, it is a good way to hide forehead lines  Cat LOL

I wore the long, straight, (think Cher) type bangs during my youth, but haven't been there in a long time.

My hair has thinned, too, so this is a good way to cover that area in front that shows gray hairs so quickly. 

Like I said, I'm tired of pinning my side hair back.  So annoying!

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs   I trim my bangs too, they usually need it once or twice b/t 8wk hair cut. they usually turn out okay.

Honored Contributor

One bad thing about my pixie cut is it needs to be kept up every 4-6 wks. My stylist just went up in price. I learned how to trim my bangs and neck area and maybe do a bit of layering over y ears, but would never touch the interior of the haircut. Thinking of letting it grow out a little. The one advantage of not coloring my hair anymore was not being tied to hair appts. Now I'm tied to hair cut appts. 

Honored Contributor

Love!!! My stylist. The best. My hairstyle has never looked so good. Today's experience was like every single time previously. Listening my questions she took time explaining why shouldn't wear bangs. You have to understand when I found her my style (lack of) non existent. Instantly first time huge improvement! Now, Perfection. 

Gifted her Tove Signature last month and she told me today people compliment the scent all time. This morning Josie's body scrub and body cream (unscented.) Plus a tip. She's wonderful, talented. Here's the best part! My cut cost 14.00! 😁

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@CherryHugs 

My hair appointment is this morning considering bangs....not sure and will discuss with my stylist....personally would never cut my own. Realize many have success with results achieved...I'm most to mess up. 😄

@Sweet_Serenity 

That would be me if I tried to cut my own, LOL!

Even snipping a mall amount at a time, I would be like......wait, that side's a little longer, snip snip.....wait, now it's shorter on this side.....snip, snip.....DANG! Now they're too short, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.