Honored Contributor

Tried some new, to me, makeup today

Good morning!  Today was the first day since I hurt my knee that I felt like wearing makeup.  So thought I would try some of my new purchases.

Used Kosas foundation, concealer, and cloud set powder.  The new items I used were:

TARTE cream blush and bronzer in Pink Sands/Seychelles.  Oh my word!  These are beautiful!  Never thought cream blush/bronzer was for me but was I ever wrong!  These are amazing.  The shades are perfect, go on so easily and blend like a dream.  I did the bronzer in the new way that MandyLea showed on her YT video and love it.  Think this set will give my powder blushes and bronzers some real competition.

rms beauty - eyebrow powder - I had tried this in the past once or twice so it's technically not new but new enough. Had put it away thinking I didn't particularly like it.  Tried it again this morning and I really like it.  Have it in the medium shade and for some reason this time it was much easier for me to put on and I love the look.

ELF - Copper Chic eyeshadow stick as a liner on lower lashes to just give a hint of definition to the lashes.  It's a great color for that as it's very subtle. 

Used Revlon nude lipliner with Maybelline Lifter gloss in Reef. 

Everything turned out great.  Don't you just love it when you have a good makeup day?   LOL   I'm not going anywhere today because of my knee but I don't care, it just feels nice to have makeup on and trying new things.  At least I'll look good for my cat!  HAHA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tried some new, to me, makeup today

@JudyL    I have not heard of the Tarte cream blush and bronzer.  I will have to check that one out.  Thanks for the tips!  I'm sure you look gorgeous!  

Respected Contributor

It does feel good to have a good makeup day. We as staff start back to school tomorrow, so it begins... 😊

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

It does feel good to have a good makeup day. We as staff start back to school tomorrow, so it begins... 😊

@wvumountiefan - school starts so much earlier now than it used to.  Think in my area school starts on the 18th but I know some that started yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@JudyL    I have not heard of the Tarte cream blush and bronzer.  I will have to check that one out.  Thanks for the tips!  I'm sure you look gorgeous!  

@sophiesofers - thank you!  I purchased the Tarte blush/bonzer and the brush combo and the brush is great.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   Good for you and glad you had fun. Knee better? Fantastic!!!

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL  I love when I have a good make-up day. I'm glad that doing your makeup gave you a mood lift! I always do my hair and makeup to make me feel better, as opposed to doing it for what other people think. I hope your knee is feeling better.❤️

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL   Good for you and glad you had fun. Knee better? Fantastic!!!

@Shanus - thanks for asking about my knee.  It is slowly getting better.  Can do more today than I could a few days ago which is good.  

Honored Contributor

@NEvans2 - thanks for the good wishes for my knee.  It is getting better slowly which is good.  Won't be dancing on any tables any time soon though.  HAHA

Respected Contributor

@JudyL   Glad your knee is feeling better and I wish you continued improvement.  

Enjoy your new purchases.