Trusted Contributor

While looking in my medicine chest, I realized I depend heavily on some long-standing beauty staples.

I use Ponds, Olay, Sea Breeze etc.

Maybe I'm in a rut, but it all works really well for me.

Anyone else out there the same, and if so what's your old fashioned staple, and why?

I'm also crossing my fingers that my staples, and everyone else's, don't go out of fashion and become discontinued.

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

While looking in my medicine chest, I realized I depend heavily on some long-standing beauty staples.

I use Ponds, Olay, Sea Breeze etc.

Maybe I'm in a rut, but it all works really well for me.

Anyone else out there the same, and if so what's your old fashioned staple, and why?

I'm also crossing my fingers that my staples, and everyone else's, don't go out of fashion and become discontinued.

@Chicagosuburbangirl  Can’t wait to see these replies. My “go to” products are Sally Hansen Hard As Nails, Rosebud Lip Balm (round tin), argan oil from WholeFoods, IT Supersize Brush Love, Cerave, Cetaphil Cleanser and lotion, nail glue and Kiel’s Creme de Corps (body moisturizer...huge yellow pumper).

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus@Yes! Rosebud and Sally Hansen, me too!!

Esteemed Contributor

Ultra brite toothpaste.  Remember, "Ultra brite, gives your mouth, sex appeal".  Not bad for a 99 cent tube.

Cogito ergo sum
Contributor

Ponds for me as well. 🙌🏻

Esteemed Contributor

St. Ives Cream with collagen for my face and neck. (I don't believe for a second that the collagen actually does anything, but this cream is really fantastic and doesn't mess with my always oily skin, even at my age.

One Buck Pepsodent Toothpaste.

Cover Girl Liquid Foundation:  This is a huge brand change for me, but I'm impressed with the light coverage and color choices.

Lipstick:  This is my love.  I purchase Christian Dior and MAC only.  The stay-ability of my choices within these brands is awesome.

Trusted Contributor

@sfnative St Ives and Cover Girl me too!

Esteemed Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

@sfnative St Ives and Cover Girl me too!

@Chicagosuburbangirl

Wow!  How's that for a coincidence!

I swear the St. Ives is the best bang for the buck - ever!  Purchase mine from Amazon, where it's 2 really big containers for, what, $12 or something.  And, it has a very soothing gel quality, which I really love.  It sure is an awesome product.

Respected Contributor

Bye Bye Undereye. I occasionally stray, but always come back.

WEN. I've used it for nearly 10 years.  Menopause came and went and my hair is as thick if not thicker than it ever was.

Another vote for Rosebud salve. I always have three or four in my stash.

Degree deodorant. 

OPI  nail polish.

Philosophy shower gels.

CurlKeeper hair clips.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybelline Great Lash in the pink tube with the fluorescent green top.  Been using that one since high school (many moons ago).

Cogito ergo sum