Honored Contributor

Tried a new moisturizer --- drug store brand -- very pleased!

[ Edited ]

I recently started using Neutrogena Hydra gel moisturizer about 2 weeks ago.  I got the extra dry skin version.  It is hypoallergenic, no fragrance, etc.  I really don't have extra dry skin but the regular version has fragrance --- although this is far down on the list of ingredients.  Any how --- so far I am really liking it!  It is a gel cream and very light in texture.  I thought it might be too heavy but so far not at all.  I apply it very sparingly and rub it in well.  In fact, after it has sunk it, it actually has somewhat of a matte feel to it --- not shiny or oily at all.  I am especially pleased by the way it makes my under eye area look!  I am giving this one a thumbs up!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Tried a new moisturizer --- drug store brand -- very pleased!

@AngelPuppy1 Thanks for the review. Glad it works well for you....I have been curious about it.

Respected Contributor

I have normal to oily skin & I love this moisturizer, too. Very light, silky feel. No fragrance. Sinks right in. I wore it under makeup this winter. I can't imagine it being enough moisture for someone dry or extra dry. I did buy the regular version which does have a nice light fragrance & a blue color, but it broke out my face. I'm using it on my chest to use it up & it is fine. 

Trusted Contributor

I love it too!  Somehow it feels just right, particularly for spring and summer.

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 Glad you found a new product you really like. My husband uses this and also really likes it.  He doesn't feel like he's using a "beauty cream" and there's no fragrance - win and win.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

I have normal to oily skin & I love this moisturizer, too. Very light, silky feel. No fragrance. Sinks right in. I wore it under makeup this winter. I can't imagine it being enough moisture for someone dry or extra dry. I did buy the regular version which does have a nice light fragrance & a blue color, but it broke out my face. I'm using it on my chest to use it up & it is fine. 

@Dusty1

That's what I thought, too!  I was a little hesitant to use it at first as I thought it might be too heavy.  I would have purchased the regular one but as I said, it has fragrance.  But now that I've been using it, it seems to be just right for the amount of moisturize that I need.  

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 Glad you found a new product you really like. My husband uses this and also really likes it.  He doesn't feel like he's using a "beauty cream" and there's no fragrance - win and win.

@aggravated

I can see where your husband would enjoy it.  It is very light and unassuming.  A product that could be used by anyone really!!!  

Respected Contributor

Hi Angelpuppy! Thanks for the review. I thought I would mention that Gold Bond has body moisturizer specifically made for Diabetics: even though you aren't one, you would like that it's unscented. On the label, it says there are no irritating A HAs-as if all moisturizer has them... I seek out A HAs in facial products....but maybe they are more drying.

I have very dry skin and scent doesn't bother me, but I do like this. A little goes a long way and lasts.

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

I've recommended this Neutrogena blue gel many times on this board.  I have oily skin so got the regular version (3 jars of it over the winter).  It soaked right in, didn't make my complexion greasy, and primer and foundation went on smoothly over it.  If I had more thumbs, I'd give it more than 2!!!

(I've moved on to a lotion moisturizer for summer, but will definitely go back to the Neutrogena)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I recently started using Neutrogena Hydra gel moisturizer about 2 weeks ago.  I got the extra dry skin version.  It is hypoallergenic, no fragrance, etc.  I really don't have extra dry skin but the regular version has fragrance --- although this is far down on the list of ingredients.  Any how --- so far I am really liking it!  It is a gel cream and very light in texture.  I thought it might be too heavy but so far not at all.  I apply it very sparingly and rub it in well.  In fact, after it has sunk it, it actually has somewhat of a matte feel to it --- not shiny or oily at all.  I am especially pleased by the way it makes my under eye area look!  I am giving this one a thumbs up!!!!  

I just thought I might mention - on the boards last week or so someone mentioned on a thread about the new La Mer foundation that she saw a blogger claiming that the new Neutrogena hydraboost tint - is an exact dupe of the the LaMer.  I tried and like it VERY much, just in case your were interested.  Happy shopping!