Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Tried a new eyeshadow palette

I received the Essence "Taupe It Up" palette.  It is a nice small 6 shadow palettes with an even mix of matte and shimmers.  I would say the taupes are more of a cool on the gray side of taupe.  A lot of YTers have been singing the praises of the palettes in this line and now I see why!  The price is $3.99 and you would think they would not be quality shadows.  Well, let me tell you they would be wrong!  These are creamy mattes, nice shimmers that are easy to put on and don't overwhelm, hardly any fall out at all.   The look - at least in the Taupe palette - is soft so perfect if you are looking for a neutral look perfect for work or errands or just want an easy eyeshadow look.  

I am so impressed.  Know that Essence has other palettes in this particular line but they all looked to dark to me.  This is a definite keeper.  So glad I got it. 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Tried a new eyeshadow palette

Where did you purchase it?  

Honored Contributor

@Beezer2 wrote:

Where did you purchase it?  

@Beezer2  online through Ulta

Honored Contributor

I just Google the palette.  It's pretty!

essence Taupe It Up!: swatchitforme

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - it is a really pretty palette.  I've been checking on my eye makeup during the morning and the staying power is good too - although I always wear an e/s primer so that is helping too.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

I received the Essence "Taupe It Up" palette.  It is a nice small 6 shadow palettes with an even mix of matte and shimmers.  I would say the taupes are more of a cool on the gray side of taupe.  A lot of YTers have been singing the praises of the palettes in this line and now I see why!  The price is $3.99 and you would think they would not be quality shadows.  Well, let me tell you they would be wrong!  These are creamy mattes, nice shimmers that are easy to put on and don't overwhelm, hardly any fall out at all.   The look - at least in the Taupe palette - is soft so perfect if you are looking for a neutral look perfect for work or errands or just want an easy eyeshadow look.  

I am so impressed.  Know that Essence has other palettes in this particular line but they all looked to dark to me.  This is a definite keeper.  So glad I got it. 

@JudyL   I have this palette,too. It spoke my name...cool  shades, neutrals, great price....what else can I ask for?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've posted about this palette several times.  I absolutely love it!  These are definitely gray taupes.  

I bought it before anyone on YT was reviewing it.  I have seen a few YTbers review all of these Essence palettes.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva I like the Taupe palette so much that I'm thinking of getting another one.  Maybe the Mauve option.  The green, blue, and coral one are not colors I think I would like on me.  The quality is so good on these palettes.