Respected Contributor

Re: Tried a new cleansing cream and I Love it!

Thank you.  I'm going to look for it, and give it a try.  I do like the new IT cleansing Balm, but this has to be way less expensive.  Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

I too recently tried a new facial cleanser and was extremely impressed.  It is Skin Fixx's Foaming Cleansing Cream Oil.  It dissolved all of my makeup, so extremely gently.  Non-irritating to my eyes and left my skin remarkably clean and hydrated, I can't even describe.  I routinely do a double cleanse every evening and, although I did do the second one, I virtually didn't have to.  As I said, pretty impressive.  

I haven't tried their cleanser but I have used other Skinfix  products and I've been very satisfied.   I always look when I'm at TJ Maxx, their prices for "beauty" products are usually half that anywhere else.

Honored Contributor

On the Pond's website, it states the Pond's Balm won an Allure Best of Beauty award for 2018.   Impressive.

One of the best Beauty Steals.

Valued Contributor

@software wrote:

I've used their cold cream, didn't know they had a balm.

I may have to try it next, when I run out of my Clinique, which I love, But it's $9.50 per OUNCE

Do you recall the size of the Pond's

@PinkSunset wrote:

Saw an ad for it pop up on Facebook and bought it when I went to Target.

Pond's Cleansing Balm, Paid $9.99 for it. Scoop out a bit and rub on face, it immediately melts into a nice soothing type oil. I then use a washcloth to remove it and my face is so soft and hydrated I am forgoing my usual nighttime moisturizer. I am going to buy another jar just in case I can't find it again  Companies always seem to out out a product I like then discontinue it!

anyway, it really is nice and took all of my makeup as well, 

@software , 3.38 oz, a good size seems like it will last a good while

Valued Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Thank you.  I've seen the Pond's balm at the store and thought about trying it.  How does it work on your eye makeup?  If some accidentally gets in your eyes, does it irritate?  

(I love Pond's Cold Cream -- but if any of it gets in my eyes, it's horrible)

@tototwo no, doesn't sting at all,

Honored Contributor

As always with Pond's, i would give it a try if they would get rid of the mineral oil, that is never going on my face. 

Serious Skin Care just came out with a cleansing balm too. 

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

As always with Pond's, i would give it a try if they would get rid of the mineral oil, that is never going on my face. 

Serious Skin Care just came out with a cleansing balm too. 

I have no problem with mineral oil. Cosmetic grade is highly refined and safe. Here is a good article about the myths of mineral oil, 

https://www.newbeauty.com/blog/dailybeauty/9569-is-mineral-oil-bad-for-your-skin/

Respected Contributor

@Suxela wrote:

I used to sell Mary Kay and love their cleansers and face creams.  I have a lot left over since I stopped selling and it's what I use and folks tell me I have beautiful skin.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

I sold it many years ago, when there were the 3 piece systems for each skin type.  Great products.  Haven't used it since they switched over to Timewise.  Don't care for that at all, I miss the old stuff.  :-( And everything is so expensive now.

Valued Contributor

I think I will try this . Thanks for sharing!I like ponds stuff too . 

cathy from ma