New Contributor

Re: Tried WEN CC Again--What am I doing wrong?

[ Edited ]

glmama, it's taken me years (5ish?) of trying (and returning) different Wen scents and formulas to learn what works best for my hair. I think I've tried 80% of the CCs Chaz has launched (all core, soy seasonals, BGT). My thought process was "If it works for everyone who comes to his salon, ****** it, I should be able to have Wen hair, too."

I tried again this last Spring when he launched Mandarin Italian Fig (because I was either determined or a glutton for punnishment, I'm not sure, LOL).

OMG. I found my "one". Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

My fine, thin, color-treated hair has never looked so good. The thinning areas have also filled in. Following usage instructions is a must, and the CC leave in/glossing serum/volumizing treatment spray/mousse don't weigh my hair down - they make it feel fantastic. Bonus! I also use the oils 3-4x/wk.

I will say that I haven't mastered the 2nd day hair. Bed head with short hair is a disaster, so if I'm not going anywhere, I use the RTM and style. I'm cleansing more often than not as a result of the oils anyway, and I'm addicted to the way my hair feels for the rest of the day.

Sadly, I have to force myself not to buy any new seasonal scents (*sob* they smell SO good!) because my hair doesn't respond to the soy formulas the way it does to MIF. Needless to say, I'm counting the days to the gallons. I'm on my last 32oz bottle.

I've consoled myself by buying every seasonal oil and replenishing mist that comes out so I don't feel deprived. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tried WEN CC Again--What am I doing wrong?

@glmama wrote:

Hi Sue! Thank you for the reply and advice. Smiley Happy I really appreciate it. I did exactly as you said in your post and my hair looks great today. However, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

@glmama  Good deal!!  Just remember that water splashing , enough CC and you should be good.  Another thing to remember is Chaz has said that it may take a month or so to get your hair to where you can go a few days w/o washing.  I can easily go 3 days but usually just 1-2 because I love using the oils and am a remoist fanatic!!  LOL  You have 30 days so definately take advantage of using the oils for a bunch of overnight treatments!

BTW did you ever try the WEN 613 Body Cream?  LOL