Valued Contributor

Re: Tried WEN CC Again--What am I doing wrong?

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

Perhaps it just doesn't work for you and your hair type? Might be time to give up trying? Smiley Happy Remember, not everything works for everyone!

HappyDaze said it perfectly! You're not doing anything "wrong."  In fact, just like every other product on the planet, Wen does not work well for every person/every hair type, no matter what the marketing hype tells you. Time for you to move on.  Simple as that! The great news is that there are oodles of wonderful hair products on the market from which you can choose!

Trusted Contributor

okay- my words of wisdom... I would change my next A-D to TT. TT and SAM are a sweet combination for most hair types. Use only TT on your scalp and SAM on the hair shaft and ends or both, but TT will balance out the integrity of the scalp. I literally can go about a week without washing my hair ( ha I don't usually- just making a point) because that is how healthy my scalp has become using TT. With Shampoo I would have to wash my hair everyday because my scalp would become so itchy. I have been using WEN for four years now.
New Contributor

I find that you really have to not use too much or your hair will get heavy & contain residue. I have short hair & never use more than 6 pumps & keep them small. Try using less, lt works for me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been solely used wen since it debuted here. I have recently decided to use Aveda and check difference. I have found no issues since switching. I didnt have any issues to begin with.  Tea tree is the lightest on my hair. I used the double cleansing. I would sometimes even leave it in all day while at home and rinse 8hrs. later. I have fine thick straight shoulder length hair. I never  finished with any "leave in" in my hair. I have some unused cc that I would like to give away if I dont go back to using it. My stylist mentioned that my scalp was very dry with wen. She didnt know I was using it. I never had any dandruff. Pomegranate and fig were the heaviest on my hair. 

Trusted Contributor

@annie-t wrote:

I find that you really have to not use too much or your hair will get heavy & contain residue. I have short hair & never use more than 6 pumps & keep them small. Try using less, lt works for me.

Not true.  You can never use too much to cleanse.  You do have to experiment some maybe on your leave in and any styling product though.  The key is adding g the extra water and using enough.  Too little CC and your hair will feel greasy and flat.  

Valued Contributor

Hi Sue! Thank you for the reply and advice. Smiley Happy I really appreciate it. I did exactly as you said in your post and my hair looks great today. However, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Valued Contributor

Hi HSB-Thank you for the reply. Smiley Happy Typically, if I skip washing my hair one day it is OK, not great, but OK. By the end of the day I'm a bit greasy. I will do this if I'm just going to exercise or am around the house. I think part of my interest in the CCs comes from wanting to be able to skip that 2nd day of washing. And for whatever reason I feel like this is something this line touts. 

Valued Contributor

Hi Maria-Thank you! And yes, this helps. Tried the 2 cleanse method today. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

This is really interesting. I know of the benefits of tea tree and I would imagine that it really can make a difference in one's scalp--which of course affects the hair. This makes sense and I would love to be able to NOT wash my hair for a few days! 

Valued Contributor

segrl, aspen, vabelle, thank you all. Smiley Happy

And to those that have replied about not everything working for everybody--I complete agree with this sentiment. In fact, I've said it about WEN before. And even in past posts I've whined about how I think that the styling products aren't pushed enough and that some might think that they have to use the CCs as part of a "system" to make everything work. Well, this has not been the case for me. I've loved a bunch of the styling products in the line and I've been very happy continuing to use my regular shampoo and conditioner. But the CCs DO still appeal to me on some level and the main reason is the potential promise of going longer between cleasning my hair. This is just one of my many *things*--I personally do not love washing, drying and styling my hair. And I have good hair, btw!Smiley Tongue I will take time on the MU and skincare part of my day, but the hair thing has always been mildly annoying to me! 

Thanks again for all the tips and tricks, everyone. Smiley Happy Like I said, I'm just playing around and I'll be just fine if the product STILL doesn't do for me and my routine what I had hoped it would. Smiley Happy