Honored Contributor

Re: Tried On A New Lip Color Today........

@Trinity11 Go to the area of the book where she speaks about the veins in the wrist.  You will either be very blue or yellow on untanned skin.  

You need some colors (try your solid color tees) seperated into the blue side of the color wheel and the yellow side.

Take a mirror to a window, tie your hair back and hold each color under your chin about 30 seconds.  Good indicators are

..bright white which can be to stark for anyone but winters;

..cream (beautiful and soft on the yellow based seasons, puts dark on the blue girls),

..camel (great way to see a winter, they're dark immediately),

..orange, and the softer mauve will turn a winter dark and give a flow to the yellow girls.

Look at the pictures of the girls Carole has draped.

Let me know what colors don't put shadows around your mouth and under your eyes.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 Go to the area of the book where she speaks about the veins in the wrist.  You will either be very blue or yellow on untanned skin.  

You need some colors (try your solid color tees) seperated into the blue side of the color wheel and the yellow side.

Take a mirror to a window, tie your hair back and hold each color under your chin about 30 seconds.  Good indicators are

..cream (beautiful and soft on the yellow based seasons, puts dark on the blue girls),

..orange, and the softer mauve will turn a winter dark and give a flow to the yellow girls.

Let me know what colors don't put shadows around your mouth and under your eyes.Smiley Happy

@ECBG Thanks so much. I will definitely try this! Going out for lunch when I get back, I will post what results I get.

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

I have come to accept the fact that I pefer paler, muted lips-Tom Ford Pink Dusk w/Lancome linernatural mauve or charmed.

I always feel like red lips (for me anyway) come into the room 4 feet before the rest of me.

I’m very picky when it comes to lip colors. I don’t like a bold color on my lips ( no reds, blues, greens), I’m not comfortable calling that much attention to my mouth. I also don’t like any color that is too light, it makes me look like death warmed over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 Just a note.  If you have makeup on, it can be harder to see the changes in your face.

Can you see the yellow undertones on Nicole Kidman?  She's an autumn season.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Amazing-Nicole-Kidman-on-set-in-NYC/m-p/5365153#M580420

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG ... blue veins. I own no warm tone tees except  cream colored. I do wear camel hair coats but dislike orange anything. Mauve looks pretty and I get compliments when I wear it. I love black but it can be harsh if I am tired. Navy is better. I hate red and green just sits in my closet. I have had color analysis advisors tell me Winter, spring and summer. That's why at this point, I just try something on and if I like it I buy it. 

Regarding clarity...nothing stands out as bringing shadows and I love white anything. Sorry to say I am lost when it comes to color analysis...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 Amazing, you've just opened a door!  keeping your eyes on the mirror, bring true white right under your chin wait 1 minute stare at the mirror.  Without looking, bring the camel up 30 seconds, take it up and down slowly.  Watch under your eyes and the laugh lines.

It's best to hold the item horizontally under your chin.  You could even use a white towel or pillow case for the white.

That drape should be brought up under her chin, even bump it.

Image result for woman being draped for color codeing

You can't be a cool season and a warm season.  If you're seeing blue skin, You can be the dark, like I am, (my eyes are very dark and only show green with a gray rim in bright sun), my other clue was the ashe in my hair, and of course blue/red  skin.

If you're a summer, You're better with navy under your face than with black.

Your book will show you all of your correct colors, and you'll notice there is a "flow" among them.  Often, because the colors are related, you may find a scarf print with a number of the colors.

A summer will find my "forest green" too harsh and do better in kelly green which shows up now.  It's the color of tender vegetation.

Image result for kelly green color

True green, right off of the color wheel.  You can wear the "lights" of it too.

Image result for kelly green paint chip

All of these are blue based.

I love forest green although I can wear kelly.

The shading of true green to get to forest green.

Image result for forest green color

Let me know!  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG ....finally!!! I feel like Eliza Doolittle from "My Fair Lady." I think I've got it! Camel is terrible and I got confirmation from my husband. LOL...funny he never said a word about it before.

Years ago late 70's...my friends and I all went to a Color Analysis class at Bloomie's where they had us put our wrist into a machine that typed us. I was told I was a Summer. All these years later I guess those camel hair coats were a mistake and I should have stuck with cool colors. 

So at least I finally know my season. Fun and thank you for all of your help and expertise... It will make shopping a lot easier.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 It's possible.  You still need to do the drapes to see the subtle shadows.

Let me know how that goes.Smiley Happy

This is summer's color chart.  The pale green shows up too yellow.  If need be go to walmart or a paint store and get a color chip.  That's the way to see the entire color wheel.

Summer adds gray to their color to deepen, never yellow.

You can still wear your coat.  Put a scarf around your face/chest in your bright colors.  Royal blue, navy, deeper green.

Your book will show these colors properly where the computer screen has color distortions from it's settings.

You can also buy your Carol Jackson Color Swatches "fan" to shop with on amazon.  It's $32.00 but it's worth having because you don't make mistakes.  You get the light and deep of all of your colors.

Summer Swatch Fan (15-12077)

Image result for carole jackson summer palette

Valued Contributor

@ECBG thank you for the Color Swatch fan suggestion.  I just bought one (I'm an Autumn) on the Color Me Beautiful site & got 30% off as a new customer!  I am excited to get it!

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@ECBG thank you for the Color Swatch fan suggestion.  I just bought one (I'm an Autumn) on the Color Me Beautiful site & got 30% off as a new customer!  I am excited to get it!

@tipsy I'm so glad you like it!  After you clear out the items you don't wear because they were impulse or bad decisions at the time, you'll find so much goes together in your closet!  Also. look at your color plate in the book if you have it.  Sometimes it's easier to see them all out flat to create new combinations!