Super Contributor

Re: Tria - what is the consensus?

On 6/24/2014 itsMe said:

I also had to return mine for a replacement, but got the replacement from Tria. I called QVC to ask for an extension, but the person I spoke to said she wasn't in a position to do that. When my replacement unit got so hot that I couldn't use it, I stopped. Put it in the mail yesterday.

It's just crazy how may problems this seems to have. And we're a relatively small user population, so I can only imagine there are many more "out there". I'm grateful we have this forum to compare and learn -- think of those who assume it's SUPPOSED to be really hot (or, in snowball's situation, not very hot at all!). Boy, they sure need to go back to the drawing board!

Respected Contributor

On 6/24/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 6/24/2014 itsMe said:

I also had to return mine for a replacement, but got the replacement from Tria. I called QVC to ask for an extension, but the person I spoke to said she wasn't in a position to do that. When my replacement unit got so hot that I couldn't use it, I stopped. Put it in the mail yesterday.

It's just crazy how may problems this seems to have. And we're a relatively small user population, so I can only imagine there are many more "out there". I'm grateful we have this forum to compare and learn -- think of those who assume it's SUPPOSED to be really hot (or, in snowball's situation, not very hot at all!). Boy, they sure need to go back to the drawing board!

Yeah. I really wanted to love this unit, and for it to work! My first one (which I think had been a return from someone else, as the seals had been cut) had NO heat. Second one, after the first burning night, had light heat. Then, after a couple of weeks, it slipped out of my hand when I took it off the charger. I caught it with my other hand and against my body. There was NO impact, but it must have been jarred a little…. less than during shipping, I'm sure. At any rate, it was burning hot after that. I used it two or three nights like that, and said enough.

Quite honestly, with my experience, I don't know what it's supposed to feel like! But I went between worrying that it wasn't strong enough to do any good to worrying about real damage to my face.

I would definitely try something similar again, but only after it's been proven for a while!

Contributor

Hello All, it was so good to read everyone's Tria journey. I am happy with my results. I keep having people tell my skin looks good. I did return it for a new one since my Tria had a rattle sound. I did get the Tria tan and some red strips on on side of my face. It is all gone this week. Thanks for the great information.

Super Contributor

On 6/24/2014 MimiPearl said:

Hello All, it was so good to read everyone's Tria journey. I am happy with my results. I keep having people tell my skin looks good. I did return it for a new one since my Tria had a rattle sound. I did get the Tria tan and some red strips on on side of my face. It is all gone this week. Thanks for the great information.

**DOUBLE THUMBS UP** happy it works for you!!

Contributor

On 6/24/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 6/24/2014 MimiPearl said:

**DOUBLE THUMBS UP** happy it works for you!!

Thank you so much - Maren! You were so kind to assist me. I did use the Tria on my neck. My neck was really bothering me. I am happy my neck looks better. I still using my creams on my neck. Have a good evening!

Valued Contributor

Mimi, I am so happy to hear of your good results.

Contributor

On 6/24/2014 gtx said:

Mimi, I am so happy to hear of your good results.

Thank you! I am looking forward starting the second round! Glad you happy with your results!

Super Contributor

I started round 2 last night. This time I'm doing the 5/2 for 12 weeks instead of 8/4, and hope that is enough to keep the red sandpaper skin away. Looking red/bad for 8 weeks was depressing, and now that I've had a few weeks of good skin, I don't want to go back.

I started right back on Level 3, though mine doesn't run the full 2+ minutes, and I used ice for a couple of minutes before, but it still didn't hurt much at all. I remember the first several times I used it I could hardly stand to keep it on my skin, and reading everyone else's experiences with how hot it does/does not get has me confused about my unit and if it's working correctly. I hate that. I mean, it's doing something, but definitely isn't as hot as it first was, so how hot should it be?

I want to keep using it, but don't know if I should call Tria for a replacement or not. I wish I had another one here to compare it to. Honestly, even though I'm still using it, I wouldn't recommend this device to anyone. Of the number that were sold, a very small percentage of the buyers have participated in these threads, and look at all of the trouble we've had.

Trusted Contributor

Krissie, that is what has me concerned too, how hot should this really be. My replacement was definitely hotter than my first one. Because of this, I have decided to send mine back after really thinking about it. And also the battery life. I am afraid the battery will only last a year or so. I wanted to keep it, but I am not seeing anything from it, at least I don't think I am, and it is too costly to hold on to. Good Luck and please keep us updated on your progress. I hope that Tria comes out with another TSV.

Super Contributor

snowball and Krissie:

snowball, I just came to see if you'd decided and was going to page you if you hadn't updated. I think it will be a relief for you and as we've said, if we regret it, we can always give it another try!

Krissie -- I think I've read where someone on the 5/2 didn't experience the level of red/try/leathery that some of us did. Hope that works for you! I was considering keeping mine and trying that protocol, but decided to just lay it down and walk away :-) because I'm too nervous to mess with the darkening. I'm still working on getting mine all cleared up (to be fair, I'd had it before the Tria, just never really to the extent it bothered me), so felt it was best not to push my luck. :-)