Trusted Contributor

The Tria 4x hair removal is coming up as a TSV in January. I've been really interested in this (hate shaving) and saw its coming up. I know this has been featured once or twice a year and wondered how this works for you. It would be helpful to know your hair/skin color and your results. TIA

Valued Contributor

According to the news -- just use w -- e -- n  !

Trusted Contributor

@shoptheQ Thank you for the funny. As a Wen user, I was actually looking for a different answer. Thanks again. 

Respected Contributor

@Jeannie29

I will give you an actual answer unlike the Wen bashing comment!

Yes, I really loved the Tria and started using it (almost) two years ago to get rid of stubborn lip/chin hair due to bioidentical hormone replacement.  I have a light to medium facial complexion and deep brown/black facial hair.

I bought the Tria Precision almost two years ago from QVC as a TSV for $299.00.  Hope this hepled.

The model I had I believe was called the Tria Precision.  It worked but I did it every two weeks until the unit fizzled out and would no longer "zap" the follicle.  You do have to shave first, which really freaked me out, but it was necessary.  I used the Tria for about 54 sessions until it quit working.  

Less that two weeks ago, I bought the Bella Silk n' Flash from Costco for $135.00 (Instant rebate until Dec. 24 I think). I have only used the Bella once, but much prefer it to the Tria.  This particular model gets good reviews on Costco and there are no cartridges to replace as there were in their older versions.  It also is less painful, quicker, less expensive, and covers a much larger surface area.  

The reason I have had great success with at home hair removal devices is because I use them every two weeks (I schedule it into my planner with two reminders).  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tria hair removal

[ Edited ]

Thank you for actual information!  I have light/medium skin tone. My hair is dark (well naturally dark, half grey now). Underarms and bikini area are still dark, legs have always been light, as in, peach fuzz light. I'm really tired of shaving.  I usually epilate, but would rather have  a permanent solution. 

Respected Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

Thank you for actual information!  I have light/medium skin tone. My hair is dark (well naturally dark, half grey now). Underarms and bikini area are still dark, legs have always been light, as in, peach fuzz light. I'm really tired of shaving.  I usually epilate, but would rather have  a permanent solution. 

@Jeannie29

You're welcome!  I think we ladies with facial hair have tried everything.  I also used the Emjoi epilator but it was daily and marginally useful.  I got so many ingrown hairs, some that almost looked like a "zit."  

I highly recommend an at-home laser for hair removal. You have the correct complexion and hair color.  As long as you are diligent about use (every two weeks), I believe that this is as good as it gets!  Read the reviews from various online sites and then pick a machine.  Good luck Jeannie

Respected Contributor

@Shopthe1 wrote:

According to the news -- just use w -- e -- n  !

I think this is funny!

Have a sense of humor, ladies!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

I have the Tria.

I think it has helped, but I still have hair it won't get.

For that, I am very disappointed.

The treatment area is very small.  So, I can't even imagine doing your legs.  I think it asks for once a week to start.   I found it easy to use.

I may get a different one with a larger treatment area.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I bought the Tria. I thought it did a great job and I was very pleased with it BUT now the hair that is growing in that area are light. It works well on dark hair. But I am back to tweezing because the hair is light. I must say there is much less hair. I tweeze the hair once a month or longer.